Description of App
Keeping up with friends is faster than ever.
- See what friends are up to
- Share updates, photos and video
- Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts
- Watch and interact with live video
- Play games and use your favorite apps
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is mostly accessible with VoiceOver.
Developer's Twitter Username
17 people have recommended this app
I downloaded the latest version to my ipad. As per those aboveme, I found only clicks in the friends list. It is my guess they have incorporated their chat feature in to that screen. I can no longer find it on the menu. I did find the button to report a bug. I briefly explained that we as visually impaired users no longer hear the text of our friends names. It is also no longer a list view. It is a grid view emphasizing photos. I hope they fix it. I use chat on facebook quite a lot from my phone. Does anyone know if by expressing my issue in the report a bug field whether it gets to the developer or straight to someone in customer care, if they have such a thing.
I tossed out voicebook as soon as it made me pay to access facebook.
They have made some accessibility changes. I will go as far as they have made improvements. They still have a way to go but that is twice that they have made some grounds.
The actual Status is easier to read. It now states the number of Likes and Comments. Double tap on that and read all of the comments. Easy to comment and like certain status.
The names are back up and working. I can now actually see my friends on the list where it was not working before.
They have change several things around a bit. You have to go to the Main Page to select the Most Recent or Top News. I like the Most Recent has being an option and doesn't crash.
Interface is not the best but this is worth the upgrade in my opinion!
What's New in Version 5.1
Now it's easier to chat with your friends and share multiple photos.
• Swipe left anywhere in the app to quickly see who's available and send a message
• Add friends you message most to the top of your Favorites
• Share multiple photos fast
• Give real gifts to your friends using Facebook Gifts (US-only)
• When sending messages, see who's active so you and your friends know how soon to expect a reply
Alright, it is early but what I have seen so far is a major update for being accessible. I am curious in what others have found that is not accessible. Everything, I had to complain has been fixed now.
The network error is gone and fixed! It is now been replaced by the Find My Friends. Even the Find my Friends is now working great. Everything on the Main Page is working. I am able to tag people just fine.
So let me know what you have found that are not accessible.
What's New in Version 5.2
Now you can share the best stories from your news feed with just one tap.
• New Share link to re-post stories from your news feed
• Tag your friends in any post, comment or photo
• Smileys, hearts and other emoji in messages
• To sort your feed, tap the button next to News Feed in the left sidebar