Description of App
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is fully accessible with VoiceOver. All buttons and controls are clearly labelled, and once you have familiarized yourself with the interface it is fairly easy to navigate and use.
There is nothing but good things to say about this app. This is hands down one of my most favorite navigation app to use. It offers so much for so little cost. Now that it works in conjunction with the FREE Google Maps. You really should try this out first before buying in to those other very expensive accessible GPS navigations.
Developer's Twitter Username
39 people have recommended this app
What's New in Version 1.12
- New feature: Better direction awareness when traveling fast (by bus, cycling etc.)
- New feature: You can select how directions are reported
- New feature: Better algorithm when doing second foursquare checkin by shaking inside a big venue
- Fix: Help added
- Fix: Nearest crossing bug fixed
A new update has just been released. I've not had an opportunity to take it for a test drive yet, but some of the new features look good:
What's New in Version 1.14
- NEW FEATURE: Cross street tracking on bus
- NEW FEATURE: Auto-blanking of screen can be disabled
- NEW FEATURE: Italian language added
- NEW FEATURE: Bouncing table starts WhereAmI query (for non-VoiceOver users)
- NEW FEATURE: Rating added
- NEW FEATURE: "Look around" reports also nearest crossing in each direction
- NEW FEATURE: When editing My places, you can reset location
- NEW FEATURE: You can start/stop tracking a place from Own places
- NEW FEATURE: In settings you can control how shake gesture is used
- CHANGE: Compass renamed as "Look around"
- CHANGE: Settings-button renamed as "Other"
- FIX: Poor GPS or network connectivity announcements doesn't cut out speaking but wait for it's turn
- FIX: Changing radius with VoiceOver has smaller resolution
I've read all available post and information before and after my purchase of Blindsquare. First, I have not been able to turn off that most intrusive voice which insists on tromping all over that of voiceover. There is often unwanted interference from Miss SilverTongue when I'm exploring the screen. Next, seems that many developers of GPS have lots of money to spend on their programs constantly eating up cell air time by not downloading maps specific to the area, even though they have asked, and I have accepted, using my location. So, in order to get help, I have to subscribe to yet another social group? If these situations don't change, I will be asking for a refund from apple, more on principal than the small abount of money involved which I'd much rather give to applivis for the excellent website. Contrary to what I have read bout navigon, I find the buttons totally accessible and that review will be entered separately.
Sorry, I didn't read the deveopper's comment answering my question I also had about the maps. Is there any reason why we can't store maps on the phone? We could download the ones we'll be using only to reserve space; that'd be awesome.
Lots of interesting new features in the latest update:What's New in Version 1.15NEW FEATURE: FourSquare checkin stops tracking
NEW FEATURE: Support for Navigon, TomTom and Google turn-by-turn navigation
NEW FEATURE: Faster way to stop tracking (Tools / Stop Tracking)
NEW FEATURE: Last 30 places mentioned can be browsed from Tools/Recent Places
NEW FEATURE: New page for FourSquare check in + starting/stopping tracking or navigation. Includes address, twitter, link to menu, distance, direction and phone number
NEW FEATURE: If place published phone number in 4sq, you can make a call
NEW FEATURE: If place published twitter account in 4sq, you can open their feed
NEW FEATURE: If place published menu in 4sq, you can take a look at it
NEW FEATURE: Shouting is enabled when doing foursquare check in
NEW FEATURE: Distance Unit can be changed (default is read from iOS settings)
NEW FEATURE: Possibility to set more exact location to FourSquare venues. Corrected locations are saved to iCloud, so they affect to all of your devices.
CHANGE: When doing check in with shake gesture, places with corrected location are prioritized
FIX: Rounding error fixed with imperial distances
FIX: Street number is announced when reporting your address
FIX: italian translation typos fixed
FIX: Directions are announced correctly with different device orientations (landscape, upside down etc.). Device still must be facing screen backwards.
FIX: If shake-to-checkin is disabled it's not announced anymore
CHANGE: street crossing announcement in bus ride has more information of surroundings