Description of App
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is fully accessible with VoiceOver. All buttons and controls are clearly labelled, and once you have familiarized yourself with the interface it is fairly easy to navigate and use.
There is nothing but good things to say about this app. This is hands down one of my most favorite navigation app to use. It offers so much for so little cost. Now that it works in conjunction with the FREE Google Maps. You really should try this out first before buying in to those other very expensive accessible GPS navigations.
Developer's Twitter Username
39 people have recommended this app
NEW: Search results are more accurate now
NEW: When you perform a search, the categories of the venues you find are also added to the search result list. When you search for "Mc Donalds", the "Fast food" and "Burger Joint" categories will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap them to search for similar places
NEW: Now the Foursquare button not only lists places to check in to, but also suggestions based on your check-in history and friends recommendations
NEW: You can now browse tips and special offers from the Place Description Screen.
NEW: You can now add a tip to a Foursquare place
NEW: GPS 2 Navigation app can now be launched through BlindSquare's Plan A Route feature
NEW: Saving of settings and POI's now also works if iCloud is not activated.
NEW: Check-in is indicated by sound effect
NEW: Context sensitive help through VoiceOver hints now also available in Polish
CHANGE: When you perform the shake gesture, tracked places are now announced first
CHANGE: Search will find contacts also by company name or address
CHANGE: Accuracy and altitude is always shown in meters or feet, not km or miles
CHANGE: Previously BlindSquare did not mention the same place twice if it was reported less than 10 minutes ago. Now this limit has been lowered to 3 minutes for places saved in the My Places list
What's New in Version 1.52
1) The app is now one third of its former size so it is easier to download using your cellular network.
2) In iOS7, most of the languages BlindSquare supports default to the iOS voices. You can still use the Acapela voices, but the default is iOS, and it is no longer necessary to download additional Acapela voices.
3) The category announcement filter switches have been moved from the main screen to the Announcements Filter screen. Double-tap the Announcements Filter button to activate this screen.
4) Pressing the Home button will no longer activate Sleep Mode automatically. If you want Sleep Mode to be active when you leave BlindSquare, double-tap the Sleep Mode button at the bottom right of the screen before pressing the Home button.
5) When you do not activate Sleep Mode before leaving BlindSquare, Sleep Mode will be turned on automatically 15 minutes after you lock your screen or press the Home button provided your location does not change. You can change the value of the time-out period in the BlindSquare settings.
6) When BlindSquare announces upcoming street intersections, it will now mention the name of the current street first.
7) BlindSquare will now notify you when the name of the street you are walking on changes.
8) If MBraille is installed on your device, you can use it to input text in any edit field in BlindSquare. To launch MBraille from within BlindSquare, select the edit field and press enter while it is empty. Enter your text in MBraille. Swiping down will return you to BlindSquare and insert your text into the edit field.
9) While using a third-party navigation app (Plann a Route feature), you can now select in the settings dialog whether you want BlindSquare to track your destination automatically.