Description of App
People who are blind or have low vision now have three powerful tools in one with Be My Eyes.
Worldwide more than half a million people who are blind use the innovative Be My Eyes app through their smartphone to get visual description when they need it. Connect with more than 7 million volunteers. Or use the latest AI image describer. Or connect with dedicated company representatives to help with their products. All in one app.
Connect with Be My Eyes volunteers speaking 185 languages and available – for free – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our newest feature, ‘Be My AI’, is a pioneering AI assistant integrated in the Be My Eyes app. You can send images via the app to Be My AI, which will answer questions about that image and provide conversational AI generated visual descriptions for a wide variety of tasks in 36 languages. Be My AI is powered by artificial intelligence and is able to provide assistance in a wide variety of situations, from checking makeup before a night out to translating text from hundreds of different languages.
Lastly, our ‘Specialized Help’ section allows you to connect with official company representatives for accessible and efficient customer support, directly through the Be My Eyes App.
FREE. GLOBAL. 24/7.
Be My Eyes Key Features:
• Get assistance on your own terms: call a volunteer, chat with Be My AI or contact a company representative.
• Volunteers and Be My AI available globally 24/7
• Always free of charge
• 185 languages worldwide in 150+ countries
What can Be My Eyes help you with?
• Using home appliances
• Reading product labels
• Matching outfits and identifying clothes
• Helping to read product expiration dates and cooking instructions
• Reading digital displays or computer screens
• Navigating TV or game menus
• Operating vending machines or kiosks
• Sorting music collections or other libraries
• Sorting and dealing with paper mail
What the World is Saying About Be My Eyes:
“It was just amazing that someone from the other side of the world could be in my kitchen and help me with something.” - Julia, Be My Eyes user
“Having access to Be My AI has been like having an AI friend by my side all the time describing things to me, giving me unprecedented access to the visual world and helping me be more independent.” - Roberto, Be My Eyes User
“The tie-up between Be My Eyes and Microsoft is fantastic! I don’t know what I would have done to fix my PC issues without their help. Well done!” - Gordon, Be My Eyes User
• Mentioned in the 2023 Time Magazine best inventions
• 2021 Apple Design Award for best Social Impact app
• 2020 Dubai Expo Global Innovator.
• 2018 Winner of the Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award at the NFB National Convention.
• 2018 Winner of AbilityNet Accessibility Award at the Tech4Good Awards.
• 2017 Winner of World Summit Awards - Inclusion and Empowerment.