Description of App
Need a pair of sharp eyes? Or have some sight to lend? Be My Eyes is a simple, free tool to see the world better, together.
Be My Eyes connects you with a global community of volunteers and company representatives who are ready at a moment’s notice to help you see – to lend their eyesight and support with everyday tasks.
FREE. GLOBAL. 24/7.
Be My Eyes is a multi-lingual support community millions strong, available globally day or night, and has volunteers answering calls in more than 185 languages. Join the community today!
Sign up to get free visual support with tasks like reading small print, matching clothes, troubleshooting technology, setting up home appliances, or any other simple task a volunteer can complete over live video. If a task is too complicated or requires expertise, call one of our company partners for on-demand video customer support via Specialized Help.
If you have eyesight you want to share, sign up as a volunteer and answer calls from a person in need! Tasks are usually completed in just a few minutes, and if you’re busy there’s no need to answer – someone else will get it.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Anyone 17 or older may sign up as a user or volunteer.
2. Calls are connected based on daytime timezone and language. Average wait time is about 15 seconds.
3. When a call is answered, a live one-way video (two-way audio) is initiated, allowing volunteers or company reps to see what’s in front of the user’s camera and provide verbal support.
Note: Specialized Help availability varies by region and company opening hours.
WHAT CAN VOLUNTEERS HELP YOU WITH?
• Reading home appliances
• Reading product labels
• Matching outfits and identifying clothes
• Help in the kitchen
• Reading digital displays or computer screens
• Navigating TV or game menus
• Operating vending machines or kiosks
• Sorting music collections or other libraries
• Picking jewelry or crafts
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH SPECIALIZED HELP?
• Web and Computer Technology
• Health and Beauty Products
• Banking and Finance
• Nonprofit Organizations
• We’ve just reached 3 million volunteers! Thank you for making Be My Eyes the biggest community support micro-volunteering platform ever.
• 2020 Dubai Expo Global Innovator.
• 2018 Winner of the Dr. Jacob Bolotin Awards at the NFB National Convention.
• 2018 Winner of AbilityNet Accessibility Award at the Tech4Good Awards.
• 2017 Winner of World Summit Awards - Inclusion and Empowerment.
Crossing the street
It’s life threatening because you are relying on a stranger second they are untrained third they may not know what assistance you may need most importantly is determining what type of information you may want to know say for instance let’s say I want to go for a nice leisurely walk around my nabor hood I can enjoy that activity with an Aira Agent that’s Ben trained to help blind and low vision people. I trust an Aira Agent over some random person who doesn’t know me. At least with Aira the agents get to know who their explorers are.
Be my eyes
I completely agree All though Be my Eyes is a good service but using it for mobility especially intersections is very dangerous because they cannot see everything.
They partnered with Clear Blue to help a woman get or tell if she is pregnant. I'd rather have highly trained agents from AIRA do this than a volunteer who may or may not have English as their first language. Now, if Be My Eyes has a better volunteer sect which are easier to communicate, that's fantastic. When I first learned of experiences, the opposite was true.
Be my Eyes
This is the reason why I ditched be my eyes and also because of privacy concerns for that reason I uninstalled the app from my phone and ditched it for the Aira service. In addition I’v withdrawn my recommendation for Be my eyes
It's not perfect, sure
Be My Eyes may not be perfect, but for those people who can't afford Aira's outrageous prices it's a nice alternative. I myself haven't used Aira, but I have seen others doing so. It IS a good service, don't get me wrong.
Be my eyes
I completely agree I would also add as long as you don’t give out personal info or the volunteers on the other end don’t force you than you should be good and it’s also good to be cautious when using a service such as be my eyes