Hi Everyone! Finally, right in time for Halloween, Hell Hunter - Anti-Nomen for mobile is finally here!
All the latest changes and fixes i made in the pc/mac version are included, among them i remind the new accessibility options, i added accessibilty settings for partial deafness issues:
- Extra option in the inventory (battle background volume settings) to tone down the most noisy background musics in battle, default volume is 100%, you can set it to 70%, 40%, 10% and eventually set it back to 100%
- Extra option in the inventory (alert sound on quiet attacks) to activate/deactivate an extra alert sound (the same
used for deadly attacks) for the attacks which are hard to hear.
To be precise 4 battle background music and 6 specific monsters are involved with those options, so they won't work in the other battles, but they shouldn't be necessary elsewhere. Those options can be selected only from the inventory and they are deactivated by default: when activated, those options makes those battles easier (especially the second one), so unless you really need them for deafness issues or you get stuck, i'd suggest you to not use them, since that's the intended difficulty of the game. By they way those options can be activated at the same time as well.
Here's some detail about the mobile version:
1) Due to some issue with the inputs, the message which tells you how much HP you have has been removed from battle, still the heartbeat loop audio which activates when your HP are below 25% should be enough as warning;
2) To skip cutscenes or room change speech it's better to let you know that you have to tap twice, and at the second tap you keep pressing the touchscreen for 2-3 seconds until you hear the heartbeat sound and skip the text;
3) You heal with the blood vial using swipe up in battle; for attacking you tap twice, you might assume that if you hear your slash attack sound then you attacked just once and so that you're not dealing much dps, but actually, in order to avoid this issue, due to the mobile inputs, i made so that if you attack, then you actually attacked twice so if you hear two times your attack sound, that equals to 4 attacks of the pc version... the player might notice some slight advantage or disadvantage according to the battle, compared to the pc version;
4) Seems like it has been pointed out in some of the other games of the staff, so i'll try to explain some detail about
it... when you dodge in the mobile version you use swipe left, swipe right and swipe down. While left and right are a
piece o' cake to input correctly, since the screen is oriented horizontally, the space for vertical swipe is limited,
that means that you need to be more accurate when you swipe up/down or you risk that your input might be interpreted as a swipe left or right instead. My suggestion is to start the swipe movement a bit more higher than the center, so you have more space for the input and pratice a bit! Anyway i played the mobile version with my eyes closed and completed it so i can tell it's not a big deal the vertical swipe
5) Due to mobile inputs which require some extra fraction of second to act and react, i decided to add 0.1 second of time to the player to dodge an attack and the same amount for the pause between a monster attack and the next one. It's difficult to know how player can handle the difference between the inputs so what i can say is that some battle might be easier or harder, compared to PC version... a certain lady deserves a special mention since she was having "too much fun" so i had to tone down a bit that battle in the mobile version, so don't worry about that.
For who didn't play the game yet, HELL HUNTER - Anti-Nomen is a Horror RPG game, this is the story of Elyon, a vampire hunter, he's a dhampir hence the son of a vampire and a human, he hunted vampires and creatures for a long time, now he wants to succeed in his greatest hunt: Dracula, the lord of darkness.
The story is set in Transylvania, in our days: technology like smartphones already exist, to be precise, in this modern
society creatures of the night exist and people is not aware of that, some of the creatures even live among humans,
in disguise. Elyon hunts them far from the eyes of common humans and travels along darkest places during his personal mission.
The dynamic music and ambience of the game, combined to the horror gimmicks will make you enter inside the mood of the game, you'll fight many types of enemies with different behaviors among them. Aside the main story, the game has secret quests and superbosses.
Thanks to all you players who played the game and/or provided feedbacks, you helped a lot in this journey!
The game is now purchasable also for Android and iOS:
Android version link:
iOS version link:
If you have any question, or want to share you experience or anything else, please write here and I'll try to answer as soon as possible!
It's also discounted in this period... how 'bout a run to fit the mood? Happy Halloween!