In this month's edition of AppleVis Unleashed, Thomas Domville, Randy Rusnak, and Mike Malarsie discuss recent Apple news and other topics of interest. Topics featured in this podcast include:
- Amazon updates Echo lineup: better audio quality, an Echo Dot with a clock, and more
- Amazon will keep track of your dog with Fetch
- All the major announcements from Apple's 2019 iPhone Event
- AppleVis Extra 68: Recapping Apple's September 10, 2019 "By Innovation Only" Event
- Get a free year of Apple TV+ with purchase of new hardware
- AppleCare+ monthly plans switch to subscription model
- What to expect from Apple in October
- The Accessibility Bugs Introduced and Resolved in iOS 13 for Blind and Low Vision Users
- Apple to Release iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 on 24 September; Bringing Many Bug Fixes and Some New Bugs for Blind and Low Vision Users
- AppleVis Extra 69: The iOS and iPadOS 13 Roundtable
- Everything you can do with Voice Control on iPhone and iPad
- Apple to supply parts to independent repair shops for first time
- What to do if you forget your iPhone or iPad passcode
You can contact the Unleashed Team with feedback or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks. I am more interested in amazon than apple. Thomas please consider doing a podcast on gestures that you use. I use the 2 finger slide left and right for rotor and I am going to use 3 single finger tap for status bar. I believe you change for copy and paste text?
I have yet to listen to this episode, but want to comment on the subject. I customized the Next Heading command to something different, and it works like a charm. I think this'll come in handy for a sister of mine, who is also a VoiceOver user. Nice job as always.
Sure, what I have are the following for now. One finger triple tap is assigned to Status Bar. The two fingers swipe left, and right are assigned to Previous and Next Rotor Item. Lastly, I am using the four fingers swipe and down assigned to copy and paste. The only item that I may configure at some point is the next and previous Headings.
Amazon sure has come a long way. My Toshiba Fire TV, fire tablet, Echos, Cube all worked right out of the box. Their Accessibility leads have always been receptive and interested in issues related to Voice View.
So tempted to order the smart oven.
I will use your to do same. Amazon the best still Alexa. Long live alexa.
I just started listenning to this podcast and I love it!
Oh I just love the unleashed team!
it is just so amazing! you just keep making me laugh!
thank you so much!
Even though I've 'read and listened to a lot about IOS 13 this podcast has inspired me to get to grips with the new features and not just carry on as usual. I thought it was well organised and the contributers always make it enjoyable.