[Closed] Cast your Votes Now for the AppleVis Golden Apples of 2017
We are pleased to announce that voting is now open for the AppleVis Golden Apple Awards of 2017; read on to find out which apps and developers have been shortlisted and how to cast your votes.
First launched in 2012, the AppleVis Golden Apples is an opportunity for blind and low vision users of Apple products to recognize and acknowledge the hard work and dedication which developers have put into making and maintaining great and accessible iOS and macOS applications over the last twelve months.
The 2017 AppleVis Golden Apples consist of awards in the following categories: Best iOS App, Best iOS Game, Best Assistive iOS App, Best Mac App, and Developer of the Year.
To be eligible for consideration for the Golden Apple Awards of 2017, an app must:
- Be fully accessible to blind and low vision users;
- Have been launched or significantly updated during 2017;
- Be from a developer with a demonstrated commitment to full accessibility for blind and low vision users; and
- Be best-in-class in terms of design, functionality, and operation.
Candidates for Developer of the Year must:
- Have an exemplary commitment to making their apps fully accessible to blind and low vision users;
- Be receptive and responsive to the needs of blind and low vision users in a timely manner; and
- Have delivered significant new features or updates to their app(s) during 2017, particularly updates which directly benefit blind and low vision users.
Below are the nominees for each award:
Best iOS App
- Hotels & Flights - Expedia
- just press record
- lire (Full-text RSS)
- Prizmo Go - Instant Text OCR
- Weather Gods
Best iOS Game
Best Assistive iOS App
- DayNight: Day/Night Awareness
- Dolphin EasyReader
- Nearby Explorer
- Seeing AI
- Seeing Assistant Home LITE
- Speech Central: Text to Speech
- Talking Typer
Best Mac App:
Developer of the Year
- AppA11y, Inc. (Word Search : Word Wars)
- Dolphin Computer Access Ltd (Dolphin EasyReader)
- Eduardo Chimenos Sanchez de Badajoz (FruitPot)
- John Sturt (Super Tile Smash)
- Labsii (Speech Central: Text to Speech)
- MetalPop, LLC (Crafting Kingdom)
- Meyume Ltd (Weather Gods)
- Microsoft Corporation (Seeing AI)
- Ryan McLeod (Blackbox :: infamous puzzles)
- The Iconfactory (Twitterrific 5 for Twitter)
How to Cast Your Votes
Voting will close at 23:59 PDT on December 21, 2017. Voting is open to all registered users of the AppleVis website; if you are not already registered and would like to vote, you can create an account now, then come back to this page to cast your votes. The voting form is at the end of this post, but will only be displayed if you are logged in.
Make your selections and cast your votes now.