In this month's edition of AppleVis Unleashed, Thomas Domville and Randy Rusnak discuss recent Apple news and other topics of interest. Topics featured in this podcast include:
- All the major announcements from Apple's iPhone 12 event
- iPhone 12 preorders twice that of last year's iPhone 11; Pro demand higher than expected
- iPhone 12 battery is smaller than iPhone 11, still just as good
- iPhone 12 Pro Max Has Smaller 3,687 mAh Battery According to Regulatory Filing
- iPhone 12 only uses 5G when necessary to save battery life
- 5G Drains iPhone 12 Battery 20% Faster Than 4G in Benchmark
- Apple Releases iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 with VoiceOver Fixes and Support for New iPhone Models
- Apple Releases watchOS 7.0.3 for Apple Watch Series 3 to Fix Unexpected Restart Issue
- Apple Will Announce Apple Silicon Macs in Another Virtual Event in November
- 'AirTags' announcement predicted for November Apple Silicon event
- Apple's location-tracking AirTags could come in 2 different sizes
- Apple Reports Q4 2020 Financial Results: $12.7B Profit on $64.7B Revenue
- Apple Music TV launches as MTV-style 24-hour music video stream
- How to watch Apple Music TV for free
- Apple One is Now Available: Save Money by Bundling Apple Music, iCloud Storage, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and More
- American Council of the Blind Convention going Virtual for 2021
- Settlement Brings Audio-described Content to HBO max
You can contact the Unleashed Team with feedback or questions at email@example.com
Got the 12 pro. Not impress with battery. Hope the update 14.2 update will fix it. Never had issues with face ID when I went from the 7 to the XS phone. Also got AirPod pro and is nice.
Thanks for the Reply
Unfortunately, for those coming from an Xs or 11 Pro are going to be surprised that the battery life on the iPhone 12 Pro is smaller meaning we will have a shorter battery life than we had on the 11 Pro. I honestly can't see any update that Apple gives us will help on the battery life. This doesn't seem to be an iOS related issue but rather that Apple went with a thinner device this round which led to a smaller battery. I would highly recommend that those on the iPhone 11 Pro to stay put. Sure the 5G is great but I also believe that is another piece of the battery problem as it is typical of any 1st generation cellular chip to burn through the battery. Perhaps in the next generation 5G cellular chip it will be better. Don't even start with the iPhone 12 Mini. Gasp! As that doesn't seem to be a whole lot better than the iPhone SE 2020 which is dismal and of a letdown. However, those coming from the 6s, 7, or the 8 models will absolutely love either of the iPhone 12 or 12 Pro. In that circumstances they will get a huge boost on everything. Battery, processor, camera, and such. This is will be where it shines the most.
I am really glad to hear that you absolutely love your Air Pod Pro! I have heard nothing but great things about the device. I think the upcoming Air Pod 3rd generation will even be better for those with smaller budget.
Thanks for listening to the show!
Agree with battery. Found a smart case by case plus for the 12 pro. Sadly I lost my right side AirPod so I got AirPod pro. A nice deal in amazon.
12 Pro Battery
I have to say, coming from an iPhone XS, I'm pretty impressed with the battery life. I just wish my phone would stop periodically freezing. Here's to hoping 14.2 fixes it.
I definitely consider the 12 pro a more than worthy upgrade from the XS.
I totally agree with Randy…
I totally agree with Randy in the podcast thank you very much for the Apple Watch podcast regarding prominent haptic feedback. I didn’t even know about this until you mentioned it. I love it.