Description of App
Try out the iMessages app! Makes a great repository of reusable snippets. Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere! Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
HOW DRAFTS WORKS
CAPTURE EVERYWHERE: Drafts opens to a new page with the keyboard ready so you can type immediately. Go hands-free with Dictation, or ask Siri to "Create a note using Drafts". Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no choosing document templates or waiting for your file to download. USE YOUR WORDS: Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps. REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER: New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage. TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL: Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins. Use the customizable extended row above the keyboard to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right. Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES: Drafts gives you a new approach to using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later. Try it in your dock for a week, you'll find you can't live without it. GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER: Drafts opens lightning fast and with support for capture via Siri, the widget, share extension, file import, and dictation - Drafts is like post-its updated for the smartphone era. POWERFUL ACTIONS: Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Check out our Action Directory actions.getdrafts.com for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community forums.getdrafts.com to get help, find integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks. Follow @draftsapp on Twitter or Facebook, or email email@example.com to keep in touch.
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
- Create and Edit Actions
- Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
- Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
- Enhanced URL Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers! QUESTIONS? Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re having issues – or just want to say hi UPGRADING FROM DRAFTS 4? Drafts 5 installs as a new app and will not affect your existing Drafts 4 installation. Check out getdrafts.com/upgrade for details on new features and migrating.
- Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
- Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
- Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
As with the previous version, this works very well with VoiceOver
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
Navigation of longer drafts, assign tags after success and more...
- **Actions now have an "Assign tags" after success setting.** In addition to moving a draft to the archive or trash, after success can now also assign tags - great for marking or filing away drafts automatically when processing them. For example, set the Tweet action to automatically assign the "tweet" tag when run on a draft and you can later easily filter for tweets. [Details](http://getdrafts.com/actions/advancedsettings)
- **Scripting additions to support switching workspaces and action groups**:
- Allows for action setup to load a workspace, and simultaneously switch selected action list and keyboard row.
- Inquiry about and toggle visibility of drafts and action lists:
- `app.isDraftListVisible`, `app.showDraftList()`, `app.hideDraftList()`
- `app.isActionListVisible`, `app.showActionList()`, `app.hideActionList()`
- Load action groups and apply workspaces in script:
- `app.loadActionGroup(group)`, `app.loadKeyboardActionGroup(group)`
- Also Workspace and ActionGroup objects to allow lookup of groups and workspaces.
- More details on [scripting reference site](http://reference.getdrafts.com)
- **Additional URL Actions**
- `/loadActionGroup?name=GROUP-NAME` - loads action group in action list
- `/loadKeyboardActionGroup?name=GROUP-NAME` - loads action group in extended keyboard.
- **"List in Reminders" action step now has a template**. Useful to create one for sending only [[selection]] or passing in values from script or prompt. [Details](http://getdrafts.com/actions/steps/listinreminders)
#### Other Fixes and Changes
- **Fix (Watch):** Improvements to communication between Watch and Phone to address some issues with stuck transfers.
- **Fix (Watch):** Watch app auto-capture from complication did not work if app was already running and open to a view other than the main capture view.
- **Fix:** Some tweaks to Taskpaper syntax.
- **Change:** Do not dismiss any presented views when the new draft creation timeout is fired to avoid loosing unsaved work in actions, etc.
- **Fix:** Moving through action list with up-down arrow keys should scroll items into view when necessary.
- **Fix:** URL action step should ignore "Open in Drafts" option if the URL generated is a non-http(s) URL.
- **Fix:** Opening current list options without making changes could result it "current list options" erroneously displayed in list filter.
- **Fix:** "Insert text" action step now plays nicer with other subsequent action steps.
- **Fix:** Address a case where sync could get stalled in odd timing situations where sync was requested more than once quickly.
- **Fix:** [[draft_open_url]] tag was not working.
- **Change:** Work on some general improvements to syntax highlighting to avoid a few glitches in rendering.
- **Change:** Several improvements to Markdown syntax, including highlighting of horizontal rules and indented code blocks.
- **New:** Add keyboard shortcut preview when managing action groups actions.
- **Change:** Some under-the-hood improvements to Action Directory sharing to support additional features on the web site.
Join the Drafts Community at forums.getdrafts.com for update to date information, tips, tricks and integration guides!