Description of App
Sep 28, 2020 Version 3.0
NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.0 has been completely rewritten with a more streamlined approach to make it easier for subscribers to find their favorite content of interest. The app is now constructed with four pages: a highlights page where subscribers can customize the content of their choice, an information sources page listing a number of content categories, a page for KNFB Reader Basic where a picture of a printed document can be taken and then read aloud, and a page for settings to control the features of the app.
Other new features include:
-Increased sharing options for publications in the Breaking News category for Facebook and Twitter.
-A new view that will allow subscribers to quickly skim articles in order to select the ones of interest for reading.
-New personal queue where you can save an article, section, or whole publication on your device for later offline reading or for future reference.
-Support for saving content in cloud storage such as Dropbox or OneDrive, as well as options contained on the share sheet.
-Options to adjust the color theme throughout the app, including dark mode.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
16 people have recommended this app
Be sure to not miss out on this new release of the NFB Newsline! New features and has fixed a number of bugs!
Interesting update to now include the AccuWeather Alerts.
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Adds AccuWeather® weather alerts to the home screen of the app, based on a subscriber's registered zip code.
2. Includes a messaging function on the home screen of the app to alert subscribers of NFB-NEWSLINE to new publications and features.
3. Changes the keyboard used in TV Listings from alphanumeric to numeric only.
4. Fixed system bugs and improved IOS 6 compatibility.
What's New in Version 2.1
1. Global search function added, allowing users to search all available publications.
2. Weather alerts are now linked to your device’s GPS.
3. TV Listings streamlined.
4. Favorites streamlined and ADD/DELETE buttons now found on the list of publications.
5. Retail ads now available.
6. Fixed system bugs and improved iOS 9 compatibility.
Just got this app installed on my iPhone. I haven't done much with it yet only due to time constraints, but it seems to be very accessible with VO. I suppose this should come as no surprise. I added 2 publications to my Favorites thus far, and the process was very straightforward. Thank you NFB for this great app! Now I can *really* become a news junky like my neighbor across the hall! Update: It appears the email address mentioned in the app for sending feedback and questions is wrong. I know this because I just tried sending them feedback, but my message bounced back.
Hi all. Just wanted to pop in again and let everyone know--in case you didn't--that version 3.0 of this app has been released. I updated earlier this evening and it looks good. I briefly checked out the free version of KNFB Reader that is included now, and I got it to sort of read a piece of mail. I wonder if this app will rival others like it. The vibrotactile feeling I got when scanning the piece of mail was pretty cool and confusing at the same time. I'll definitely play around more with it though.