Prizmo Go › Text Grabber
Description of App
Aim at text. Shoot. It's yours! Prizmo Go lets you quickly grab printed text with the camera. After text is recognized in a blink of an eye, you can interact
with it in many useful ways. Or just send it to other apps. And if you've got a Mac, you can even copy/paste it there (*). No more retyping. Feels like
magic, just at your finger tips.
Additionally, Prizmo Go provides rich interactions with the captured text. After shooting, text from the original picture is revealed, and swiping through
it allows fast and accurate text selection directly from the image. Selected text can then be read aloud, or you can tap to browse to any printed website
address, call phone numbers, trigger Mail app from an email address, or even reveal physical address in Apple Maps and initiate navigation to that place.
Prizmo Go comes with enhancements specifically built for VoiceOver, in addition to spoken guidance prior to shooting. That, combined with its text-to-speech
capabilities, make it a great companion in case you need help reading printed documents.
Note: Prizmo Go won't let you create PDF documents. If that's what you need, please refer to the standard version of Prizmo.
- Camera-based text capture for iPhone & iPad
- Real-time text highlighting in camera preview
- Flash and device orientation detection
- Innovative image stabilization (sharpness tracking)
- Import from photo album or iOS document picker
- Advanced image preprocessing (cleanup, perspective correction, dynamic rescale)
- Reliable Built-in OCR (works without internet connection), 10 languages (see below)
- Accurate Cloud OCR (***) option (Internet connection required), 22 languages (see below)
- QR code recognition
- Text selection by swiping through the picture
- Copy / paste to other apps or to the Mac (*, **)
- Interaction with detected information: phone number, email addresses, physical addresses, websites (**)
- Audio (text-to-speech) reader with word highlighting, including background audio playback & sentence navigation
- Full support of VoiceOver and improved workflow for visually impaired and blind users
- Text-to-speech output & speaking rate control
- Specific image processing to handle unaligned text and reversed configurations
- Spoken guidance prior to actual shooting
- Deep integration with Dynamic Type for improved & customisable text appearance
OTHER FEATURES & AUTOMATION
- Optimized for iOS 10
- Copy to the Mac with Universal Clipboard (*)
- 3D Touch Quick Actions & haptic feedback (iPhone 7 or later)
- iPad Multitasking: support for Slide Over / Split View
- Supports Action Extension and 'Open In': other apps can send an image to Prizmo Go for processing
- URL scheme mechanism (x-callback-url) to trigger Prizmo from other apps like Workflow, and retrieve recognized text. Works with camera input or provided
input image (clipboard).
AVAILABLE OCR LANGUAGES
- Built-in OCR (10): Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish.
- Cloud OCR (22): Arabic, Chinese, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian
Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
(*) Requires a Mac running macOS Sierra (or later) that is compatible with Universal Clipboard.
(**) Requires purchase of Export Pack.
(***) Requires purchase of Export Pack and purchase of Cloud OCR units.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
As mentioned in the description it had built this app with VoiceOver in mind. Very accessible and easy to use. Play with the distance of the camera to the object that you want to recognize and read to you for optimal performance. I found my optimal height to be at around the height of my iPhone. My experience has been satisfactory and most of all a good app for being free.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
Marvelous update! Now we can use the volume buttons to trigger the description and take picture.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
- Added support for base64 image data input when using x-callback-url.
- The scene description button (when VoiceOver is ON, in camera screen) now has a short label for easier discovery.
- For VoiceOver users, the volume down (physical) button now triggers scene description while volume up button triggers shooting.
- Added support for VoiceOver two-finger scrub gesture (Z shaped gesture) to go back to the camera screen.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the app from using system language as default OCR language and that would use English instead.
- Fixed a bug that could decrease the OCR accuracy when the camera stabilization was on.
- Addressed an issue that could cause x-callback-url to fail, including clipboard input.