LookTel Money Reader Not Working
I haven't been able to use my LookTell money reader for about a year now. Ever since updating to either IOS 9 or 10 it hasn't worked. Does anyone have an answer as to how to get it back working? It still says money reader running and I can still see a light while its running. However, it doesn't read any denominations. Please help. I've even gone as far as trying it on my new iPhone 7. Thanks for any assistance given.
Try looking in the app store for NantMobile Money Reader. It has since changed developers. You probably have to re download the app, but won't have to pay for it again.
Thanks but I've already done that. I had the update since last year sometime, or whenever it switched developers. I reinstalled it since getting my iPhone 7. Nothing. Is there another suggestion as to what to do in order to get it working on my phone again?
Since it works for plenty of folks, I would think it’s something on your devices. When you got your new phone, did you set it up as new or resore? If you selected restore, the problem may have transferred to your new device.
This is what I would do. Back up your new phone. Then using iTunes, perform a factory restore. Set up the phone as new. Set up your wifi and app store but nothing else. Download and install only the money reader, nothing else. Once installed, try it out and see if it works. If it works, you can download and install each app you use. Or you can restore from back up but be aware, restoring from back up may also restore the problem you encountered.
HTH and good luck.
That has been happening to me and I find all I have to do is hit the home button to go back to the apps page and just hit money reader again. You shouldn't have to close it out completely with the app switcher, just double-tap the app as if you were starting it for the first time. HTH.
I had been meaning to write, as the other day I got some cash, and asked someone sighted to help as the app was saying nothing. The suggestion where you go home and reopen it seems to work, I haden't used the app in awhile and it worked great last i used it. Interesting we have to use this route. Good thing I was looking at the thread. I did see the original, but had nothing to look at as I haden't used it until recently. Wonder if it broke in 10 somehow, as it was fine in 9 even after the name change.
Thanks Lou Kolt. That worked. I sure do hope someone fix that glitch soon
According to their E-mails to me, it will be fixed in the next update.