Apple has today released macOS Sierra 10.12.1 to the public, bringing with it a range of bug fixes, changes and improvements.
According to Apple's release notes via MacRumors, macOS Sierra 10.12.1 includes the following changes:
- Adds an automatic smart album in Photos for Depth Effect images taken on iPhone 7 Plus
- Improves the compatibility of Microsoft Office when using iCloud Desktop and Documents
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from updating when using a Microsoft Exchange account
- Fixes an issue that caused text to sometimes paste incorrectly when using Universal Clipboard
- Improves reliability of Auto Unlock with Apple Watch
- Improves security and stability in Safari
From our limited testing, we believe that blind and low vision users should not expect to see any accessibility-related changes in this release.
As we always stress in these posts, it is impossible for us to test all devices, apps, and use cases—so it is entirely possible that there are changes, regressions or improvements that we are not aware of at the time of posting. With this in mind, we would greatly appreciate your help in ensuring that the information on this page is as complete and accurate as possible. If you spot any accessibility-related changes in macOS 10.12.1, please do let us know in the comments.
macOS 10.12.1 is available via the Updates tab in the Mac App Store.