Firefox: Private, Safe Browser
Description of App
Experience a fast, smart and personal Web. Firefox is the independent, people-first browser made by Mozilla, voted one of the Most Trusted Internet Companies for Privacy. Upgrade today and join hundreds of millions who depend on Firefox for a more personal browsing experience.
FAST. SMART. YOURS. Firefox is made with you in mind and gives you the power to take back control of your Web experience. That’s why we design the product with smart features that take the guesswork out of browsing.
SEARCH INTELLIGENTLY & GET THERE FASTER
- Firefox anticipates your needs and intuitively provides multiple suggested and previously searched results across your favorite search engines - every time.
- Easily access shortcuts to search providers
- Your personal information belongs to you. In Private Browsing mode, Firefox won’t remember any of your history or cookies, but new bookmarks will be saved.
- Delete your browsing history, passwords and more in a single tap.
- Choose the private data you want to remove.
- **iOS 9 required for Private Browsing mode**
SYNC FIREFOX ACROSS YOUR DEVICES
- With a Firefox Account, access your history, bookmarks and open tabs from your desktop on your smartphone and tablet.
- Firefox can also remember your passwords across devices so you don’t have to.
INTUITIVE VISUAL TABS
- Intuitive visual and numbered tabs easily let you find content for future reference.
- Open as many tabs as you like without losing track of your open Web pages.
EASY ACCESS TO YOUR TOP SITES
- Spend your time reading your favorites sites instead of looking for them.
Learn more about Firefox for iOS:
- Have questions or need help? Visit support.mozilla.org/mobile
- Read about Firefox permissions: mzl.la/Permissions
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Because all web browsers are required to use Apple's built-in webkit API's, Firefox works as well as safari in terms of actually reading web pages. You can also use the various HTML specific rotor navigation options with no problems. In addition to this, Mozilla has added a few nice features to the app's interface. First, if VoiceOver is running and as the page loads, you will hear progress beeps that get higher in pitch as the page loads, very much like with the NVDA screen reader on Windows. Some controls also have support for the "actions" option of the rotor, for example the address bar quickly lets you copy out the page address, or immediately go to whatever URL you already have in the clipboard without bringing up the keyboard. The only very small thing that could be improved is that the button next to the address bar that displays the list of all open tabs and also lets you change the app's settings is just labeled with the number of how many tabs you currently have open, which could be slightly confusing at first.
If you already have a Windows computer and you want to use the sync features, this is a very nice browser. One thing to note though is that you won't be able to use the content blocking apps you may already have downloaded with it due to limitations put in by Apple. Some sites have also pointed out that there is currently no support for onePassword, so if you use it as your password manager you won't be able to fill in your forms. Because I'm mostly using Safari on the Mac now syncing bookmarks and open tabs is easier to safari for iOS, plus I can use ad blocking apps with safari, Firefox won't be my main browser for now. But I will be keeping it on my device to see how it develops because it's a good start and it has some interesting accessibility enhancements.
Developer's Twitter Username
3 people have recommended this app
I've noticed that in the latest version, 1.2, the progress beeps have disappeared for me. Liked that feature.
The button next to the address bar is changed. Instead of just the number it now says
followed by the number of tabs open.