Resolving an issue in iOS 8.0 which makes Bluetooth keyboard not working
By June, 23 September, 2014
iOS and iPadOS
If your Bluetooth keyboard doesn't work with VoiceOver except just a few functions in iOS 8.0, try the following steps to resolve the issue. Once the problem disappears, it doesn't appear again unless you change the iPhone language in Settings, General, Language & Region. To make the problem disappear from your iPhone, follow these steps:
1. If you use just one software keyboard, temporarily add an arbitrary one in Settings, General, Keyboard, Keyboards, Add New Keyboard.
2. Open the Notes app.
3. Create a new note.
4. Press the left arrow key and the right arrow key simultaneously to turn off the quick navigation option.
5. Hold down the command key and press the space key several times to cycle through the list of software keyboards.
6. Press the left arrow key and the right arrow key simultaneously to turn on the quick navigation option.
7. Now your Bluetooth keyboard should work fine except other iOS bugs.
8. You may delete the software keyboard temporarily added at Settings, General, Keyboard, Keyboards.
This is a copy of the email sent to RiVO customers to resolve the issue (http://goo.gl/GiBvWy) since it should also resolve the problem for other Bluetooth keyboards as well.