Description of App
Feeddler 2 is finally here. Major new code development for iOS 8 and iPhone 6 with modern iOS design. Feedly support, new full text mode, new sharing options, full-screen reading, and animated GIF support are just a few new features among many others.
Feeddler was first released in 2010, a few days before the first generation iPad release. Feeddler has been one of the most popular RSS readers for iPhone and iPad and has been picked as a top news app by numerous media over the years.
"New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" - featured by Apple
"Cleanest and most user-friendly interface" - iPhone Life Magazine
"Essential iPad Apps" - Gizmodo
"10 Must Have iPad Apps" - Cool Tricks N Tips
... and many more
Feeddler is a fast and highly customizable RSS Reader client that stays perfect sync with RSS services and presents RSS stories in an easy-to-read interface. Feeddler is a universal app that supports iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.
- Syncs with AOL Reader (optional account, free).
- Syncs with Bazqux Reader (optional account, 30-day free trial).
- Syncs with FeedHQ (optional account, , 30-day free trial, will support self-hosting).
- Syncs with Feedly (optional account, free).
- Syncs with InoReader (optional account, free).
- Syncs with The Old Reader (optional account, free).
- Supports multiple accounts.
- Supports feed management - add/delete/rename/sort subscriptions and folders.
- Caches RSS articles for offline reading
- Able to set up each subscription to open articles directly in RSS, full text mode, or web (online only).
- Able to mark all items as read for any RSS subscription or mark only loaded items as read.
- Able to mark items as read based on date or automatically mark items as read while user scrolling headlines.
- Able to show only feeds/folders with unread items.
- Swipe RSS articles for navigation, and pinch articles to change font size.
- Save/Share/Zoom images by tapping-and-holding or pinching images.
- Save/Share web pages by tapping-and-holding any links.
- Save/Share articles by tapping-and-holding any articles shown on the preview list.
- Save/Share to Safari Reading List, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and other social networks.
- Supports Evernote to save any RSS articles, web pages, images, and PDF without leaving the app.
- Save to Readability, Instapaper, Pocket, Delicious, Pinboard, etc. Also supports Buffer, iMessage and Print.
- E-mail sharing with optional default recipients.
- Copy-and-paste titles, links, or full articles.
- Full text mode using Readability.
- Fullscreen reading for iPhone. Also supports landscape mode.
- Lots of UI customization options including summary preview and the comfortable night mode.
More features in the Pro version:
- Supports keyword search to find and add feeds.
- Sync all subscriptions, or sync subscriptions in a folder.
- Sync options: sync all feeds or unread items only, sync from last sync, days or weeks. For faster syncing, use "Unread only" + "FromLastSync."
- No ads
If you like Feeddler, please consider writing positive reviews on the App Store. We keep adding features, fixing bugs, and improving app performance. Please send us feedback at email@example.com. Thanks for your support.
What's New in Version 3.1
What's New in Version 3.1
Feeddler pro 2 vs lire
Between feeddler pro 2 and lire, who is the winner. I trust you have had the privilege of using both apps.
No recent experiences
Sorry Freeman, but it's at least a couple of years since I regularly used either of these apps, so I cannot meaningfully comment on how they currently compare.
Can anybody else help out here with some up-to-date opinions on these apps?