Travelocity Hotels & Flights
Description of App
Quickly search and book your next flight, hotel or rental car all from the Travelocity app for iPhone! Find hotels near your current location and book for tonight. Save on hotel stays with our Mobile Exclusive Deals and Top Secret Hotels.
- Shop and book round-trip or one-way flights.
- View your planned trips and itineraries (accessible in-flight)
- Check flight status on any airline and see in-path flight tracking
- Check TSA security wait times and FAA airport delays
- See all flight schedules to find the next flight out
- View seat maps
- Get Mobile-Only exclusive deals for hotels
- Find Top Secret and regular hotels nearby or by city
- View hotels on an interactive pinpoint map
- Read traveler reviews for every hotel
- Review description, photos, amenities, local dining, nearby attractions and transportation options
- Check standard room rates and current price for your day of travel
- Shop and book car rentals
- Filter by rental company and/or car type
- Sort by price, company or car type
- See upgrade pricing options
- Choose optional special equipment (hand controls, child seat, navigation system, ski equipped vehicle, etc.)
- Last minute Mobile Exclusive Deals
- Shop "Top Secret Hotels" to save up to 55% (compared with Travelocity's regular prices for the same hotel on the same day)
- Read city guides
- Discover restaurants, night life and events
- Filter events by month
- Find gas prices nearby or by city
FULL SITE ACCESS
Quick links to 'call to book' or book online through Travelocity.com for:
- Flights, hotels, car rentals, cruise, rail passes, and vacation packages
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
It appears as though you can now use this app fully with VoiceOver! I don't have a need to book a flight yet, but I went through entering all the info, selecting the correct flight and entering payment information. I've done everything aside from hitting the button to charge my card. If anyone uses this app and has done the full booking, please do comment and let us know if there were any issues.
1 people have recommended this app
Version 6.0 of the Travelocity IOS App was released on 5 May 2014. The release notes claim an enhanced iPhone interface and a new iPad "experience." Accessibility is not specifically mentioned, but in my testing on an iPhone 5S running IOS 7.1.1 I was able to search flights and enter Traveller & payment information up to the final step without problems.
The flight search screen has departure and arrival fields that present accessible drop-down lists of airports as you type. The Date picker, which was previously inaccessible, is now fully VO-accessible and easy to navigate.
1. As of late 2013, Expedia took over the engineering and back-end responsibilities for Travelocity, and as far as I can tell this App is almost identical to the Expedia 3.6 App. The flight search screen, the list of results, and the traveller information and payment sections appear to use the same UI.
2. The app supports booking of one-way and round-trip air travel, but does not appear to allow booking of multi-leg trips.
3. I did a quick search through the hotels section and this also appears to be fully accessible, including the search fields, date pickers, results list and text descriptions of hotel locations, features and amenities.
4. This version is listed as a Universal App that requires at least IOS 7. I did not try testing on older IOS versions or an iPad.
This version appears to be fully VO-accessible on the iPhone. I did not test it on the iPad.
What's New in Version 6.1
iPhone users will be glad to know that we’ve enhanced your interface to make booking even easier and more enjoyable. We've also added localization for Canada.
And while we’re at it, we’re introducing a beautiful new iPad-optimized and refined Hotel and Flight Booking experience, which gives you lots of options for booking on the go.
I'm having issues navigating my trip information for my up coming flight. when I double tap on the flight, it loads but I am unable to swipe around. Can anyone confirm this? I'm running an iPhone 6 plus running the latest IOS 8 release.