Description of App
Grim Tides is a classic turn-based, dungeon crawling RPG with optional roguelike elements. It puts a lot of emphasis on atmosphere and immersion, using hand-drawn artwork, vibrant musical score, and lots of written text to draw you into its vivid and detailed fantasy world. Because of its attention to world-building and abundance of lore, Grim Tides is often compared to a tabletop Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) campaign, or even a choose your own adventure book.
Grim Tides has no multiple currencies, limiting timers, overpriced cosmetics, content locked behind endless microtransactions, or other modern monetization schemes. Just a one-time purchase for the full game, and completely optional donation packs for those who wish to support the game and its development.
*** FEATURES ***
- immerse in a rich fantasy world with its own history and lore
- defeat enemies and fight boss battles in a classic turn-based combat system
- customize your character with many unique spells, as well as active and passive skills
- select one of 7 character backgrounds and personalize your character with 50+ special perks that each affect gameplay in their own way
- experience the game world through a variety of interactive, text-based events
- manage your own ship and crew as you explore a wild tropical archipelago
- acquire weapons, armors, acessories, consumable items, crafting ingredients and more
- complete quests, collect bounties and find scattered pieces of lore
- relax or add suspense with 4 difficulty levels, optional permadeath and other adjustable settings
* A standalone prequel to Grim Quest - Old School RPG, set in the same world, several centuries in the past.
** Try the first chapter of the game for free before deciding to unlock all content with a one-time purchase. No ads, no additional content locked behind IAPs, no nagging microtransactions.