Description of App
Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @email@example.com for more updates and information!
Also, many icons by icons8.com.
This is now fully accessible and easy to use. The developer mentioned that there are many more releases that are coming soon with new features.
What are the in-app purchases for?
There are 2 in-app purchases that can be made after the initial purchase of the app.
What are these for?
Those other purchases are just a tip jar if you want to support the app further after purchasing it.
They have wierd names?
That's interesting. They have wierd names for just being part of a tip jar.
More info about the IAP's
I just looked in the settings again to confirm because it's been a while, and yeah it's basically what I said earlier. The first purchase, Toot! For men just gives you a few extra app icons, while the more expensive purchase, Toot! is too cheep, literally does nothing apart from donating to the developer and giving you a checkmark on the extra purchases screen. Hope that clears it up.
I just signed up for mastodon
I just signed up for mastering through the Toot! app. I authenticated my account, and I am waiting on an email confirmation. I thought it would be automatically generated, however, this does not seem to be the case, since when I didn’t get it on the first try I had them resend my confirmation, Twice more and still haven’t received anything. I’m wondering if this is done manually by the developers? Also, how do I create my own server? Getting back into my podcast and want to create a server on audio games. Any help that anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.
Check your junk/spam folder?
Did you ever get the email confirmation?
If not, check your junk/spam folder.
For some odd reason, a lot of my email is ending up there, even responses from people on various email lists to which I subscribe.