Apple has today released macOS Big Sur 11.2; a relatively minor bug fix release that resolves bluetooth issues, brings some M1 Mac fixes, and more.
Our testing suggests that the following VoiceOver issue has been addressed in macOS Big Sur 11.2:
The issue which would on occasions cause there to be a delay of 5-10 seconds before VoiceOver becomes responsive after waking your Mac now appears to mostly be resolved in this release. Our testing suggests that this behaviour may now only present itself when closing the lid of your MacBook and then lifting it again within a few seconds.
If you discover any additional fixes, changes or regressions of note during your own use of this release, please let us know by posting a comment below.
macOS Big Sur 11.2 Release Notes
macOS Big Sur 11.2 improves Bluetooth reliability and fixes the following issues:
- External displays may show a black screen when connected to a Mac mini (M1, 2020) using an HDMI to DVI converter
- Edits to Apple ProRAW photos in the Photos app may not save
- iCloud Drive could turn off after disabling the iCloud Drive Desktop & Documents Folders option
- System Preferences may not unlock when entering your administrator password
- Globe key may not display the Emoji & Symbols pane when pressed
How to update
To install macOS Big Sur 11.2, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click the Software Update preference pane to check for updates. If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. Or click ”More info” to see details about each update and select specific updates to install.
More information on how to update the software on your Mac is available on this Apple Support page.
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts on this update. Let us know by adding a comment below.