I am using the latest ted app, and for months now, there seems to be a new interface which is totally inaccessible for iOS voiceover users
I will never brought this issue if it's a failing company in total. But, this app had been very accessible in the pass and they even wrote a blog bakc then about their commitment to accessibility. Check here,
Here are some issues that I found, do comment if there're other issues or successfull hacks to get around the issues.
1. There's no way, at least from my exploration to play a talk, this is the most basic function of the app
2. There's no way to browse according to playlist
3. You can't browse talks chronologically, or with any other sorrting which you can in the pass
4. full of unlabelled buttons and controls
5. recurring sign in issues and annoying button on top that confuses us to sign in everytime
6. the player, if you can successfully get there, is totaly inaccessible
I've tweeted and mentioned @tedtalks several times about this and even try to contact them with zero response. It's so embarrassing and disappointing to watch this being done by an organization which spreads big ideas. Let's reach out to them and let them know.