Submitted by Jeff on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Description of App
Now available on the Mac App Store! - VidConvert is a video converter designed to make converting your videos simple and easy. VidConvert will convert just about any type of video into one of the many popular formats of today. Creating videos for your iPhone or iPad, for your Mac or TV, or formats such as DivX and MPEG are just a click away with VidConvert. You do not need to be an expert to use VidConvert. Simply add a file, select a format and a quality, and click convert. Optionally you can change your save folder from the main window. For advanced users you can select the Advanced quality if you choose to allow such options as custom Frame Rate, Bit Rate, etc. But for most users simply choosing Normal or High quality should be sufficient. After your conversion is finished simply add more files or quit VidConvert and the job is done. Supported formats include iPhone, iPod, iPad, QuickTime, .mp4, MPEG-1 and 2, DivX, Xvid, and audio only formats such as .mp3 and .m4a. VidConvert can add iTunes compatible videos directly to your iTunes library for convenience and for syncing with your iPhone, iPod, or other iDevice. It's also possible to turn your favorite videos in audio only tracks for playback in your favorite audio device. And VidConvert is not limited to creating videos just for Apple devices, in fact any device that can play one of the supported formats can play a video converted by VidConvert. With VidConvert converting your videos couldn't be easier. Feature Highlights:
- Supported input - Most any type of video or audio format (except .vob)
- Supported output - iPhone, iPad, iPod, Retina, Apple TV, QuickTime, .mp4, .avi, DivX, Xvid, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DVD (.vob), Windows Media, Flash, Matroska (.mkv), Theora (.ogg), WebM, .m4a, .mp3, .aiff, .wav, .wma, .ac3
- Full 64-bit support for the fastest possible conversion
- Fully compatible with Retina displays
- Six languages: English, French, German, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish (with more to come)
- Expected features such as Preview, Joining or "stitching" files, ability to save settings, and more...
- Normal and High quality presets to make video conversion automatic for most users
- Ability to author a DVD for burning
- Info panel to obtain Container, Video, and Audio details for each video
- All Apple Devices format to play on all iDevices or Apple TV
- Crop and Trim and more in the Advanced panel to customize your conversion if needed
- Drag and Drop simplicity even with folders of videos and List reordering once videos have been added
- Easily change Save To folder for each batch
- Progress indicator with time remaining for each file
- Sandboxed for the Mac App Store
- And More...
Free or Paid
Version Of macOS App Was Tested On
10.6 through 10.8.3
This app is totally accessible with voiceover. When version 1.01 came out there were a few accessibility bugs and I contacted Reggie Ashworth and he fixed them immediately.
The app is fully accessible with VoiceOver and is easy to navigate and use.
I have converted all kinds of avi, mkv and other formats into m4v to play on my mac. The program also will convert any video into mp3 or aac audio-only. You can buy VidConvert from reggieashworth.com for $7.95!
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
Most recently recommended by Jeff 3 years 5 months ago
I can also convert videos, not to every format but to avi and mpeg4 and mov using mpeg stream clip I migh tthough try this as mpeg stream clip is slow to update, it is though very very accessible.
Can you ad a whole folder of files to convert at once or do you have to convert them one at a time?
It says you can trim files. Is trimming accessible and if it is, how do you do it?