Submitted by Blind I Am on Tuesday, December 11, 2012.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Description of App
ChronoSync easily synchronizes or backs-up files and folders in a variety of ways.Synchronize files between folders, hard drives, removable media, laptops, file servers, or any computer, not just a Mac. Features include:
- Fully customizable toolbar.
- All synchronization settings are stored in separate, self-contained, double-click- able documents that can be run or modified at any time.
- Synchronize files in any direction or bi-directionally.
- Establish simple, intermediate, or advanced rules to include or exclude files by name, size, date, extension, plus other more advanced options.
- Compare files before and after synchronizations to see the status of every file.
- Run trial synchronizations to check results before committing.
- Special options that ignore invisible files, resolve alias, preserve folder attributes and synchronize deletions.
- A complete transaction log maintains a complete history of all synchronizations run with options for exporting and printing.
- Automate synchronization with a full-featured scheduler.
- Schedule synchronizations to occur at launch, termination, once, or any repetitive time frame desired.
- Launch ChronoSync at system startup and have it run in the background.
- Use AppleScripts to automate the process even further.
Free or Paid
Version Of macOS App Was Tested On
I wanted to use this to backup some local folders to a NAS drive, and initially it looked to be very accessible. Unfortunately, this all changed when I went to schedule a backup job. On this screen the procedure for selecting the schedule time and frequency gave no feedback on what was already selected. This doesn't stop you from creating a schedule ... you just need to be confident that you have selected the times that you want. If nothing else, you can sort of verify this afterwards by checking to see when that job was last run. The buttons on the list of scheduled jobs also need to be labeled.
There are some accessibility issues with this app, but it can still be used if you are willing to tolerate these issues and learn how to work around them.
0 people have recommended this app