Description of App
Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @email@example.com for more updates and information!
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
There are a couple of unlabeled buttons, mainly while viewing someones profile which aren't very important, and a few issues while attaching images to a toot. However, the rest of the app - reading and writing toots and adjusting various settings, works beautifully. The experience is pretty much the same as using Twitterrific to access Twitter. Going from toot to toot takes just 1 flick, while access to links, hashtags, any mentioned users, as well as options to reply, favorite, and boost a toot, are provided as rotor actions
This is by far the most pleasant to use Mastodon client for VoiceOver. It's also under active development. The developer is actively addressing accessibility issues, as can be seen with how well the core part of this app works, so I'm sure the remaining issues with attaching photos will be fixed soon.
If you've never heard of Mastodon, it's a decentralised social network that resembles Twitter in many ways, though not including some of the more frustrating parts like restricting third party clients or constantly throwing promoted, advertising content at you. Marco Zehe has written an excellent post about it that goes into more detail while also suggesting good clients to use on a computer
1 people have recommended this app