YouMail Voicemail & Spam Block
Description of App
YouMail stops robocalls - almost 1 billion calls to date.
YouMail is 100% FREE. It replaces your iPhone visual voicemail with an award winning service that also delights callers and makes you more productive:
- Automatically STOPS ROBOCALLERS and TELEMARKETERS by playing them a “Number Out of Service” greeting. Our robocall blocker takes you off their lists and stops them from calling you from ANY number they might use. YouMail knows well over 100,000 bad phone numbers at any time. No need for you to block calls one at a time or use a call blocker.
- Lets you effortlessly BLOCK OTHER UNWANTED CALLERS, like your ex- or a sales person who just won't get the hint. You just enter their phone number and they'll hear "out of service" too and be out of your life forever.
- Provides a BETTER VISUAL VOICEMAIL service including basic voicemail to text. Get a giant voicemail inbox, accessible on phone, tablet, or computer, with messages stored permanently and with insanely great caller ID. Even get voicemail to e-mail and the ability to forward and reply to voicemail by e-mail to TXT.
-DELIGHTS CALLERS THAT MATTER by greeting them by name or custom greeting, including choosing from 1000s of pre-recorded greetings. Your important callers won't feel they’ve fallen into a voicemail black hole!
-Helps KEEP YOUR CONTACTS UP TO DATE by responding instantly with an automated TXT/SMS to ask callers to provide and update their contact info.
- Includes EFFORTLESS FREE CONFERENCE CALLS. Just tell people to call your cell and press 8 at the voicemail greeting, and you tap to join. No lengthy, funny numbers. No pins.
YouMail has answered over 6 billion calls from half the phones in America!
Optional features extend the service significantly:
- GET A SECOND PHONE NUMBER you can give out that include free calling and texting, plus all the other great YouMail features.
- APPEAR MORE PROFESSIONAL by greeting callers by name and with any message you want, recorded by our professional voice talent.
- SATISFY IMPORTANT CALLERS even when you can't answer. Callers can press 0 to get connected to your business partner, assistant, or another phone. There’s even more advanced call routing features with full PBX extensions and find-me follow-me functionality. Even set it up so others can automatically get a copy of your messages to handle them when you can't.
- DON'T LOSE BUSINESS because you're busy. YouMail can automatically respond instantly with a text message sending callers to a full mobile landing page with even more information about you and your services, and provides them other ways to contact you.
- PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY by. forcing blocked or unknown callers to reveal their number to leave you messages.
- CONFERENCE CALL RECORDING provides effortless shareable recordings of all your conference calls.
This is a MUST-HAVE service for small business professionals or entrepreneurs who rely on their phone for new business. Let YouMail help manage your calls while you focus on talking to customers and prospects.
Try YouMail’s free automated virtual receptionist today. It now works on your iPhone and your iPad!
• COMPATIBLE with AT&T voicemail, Sprint voicemail, T-Mobile voicemail, Verizon voicemail and many more!
• NOT COMPATIBLE with some prepaid mobile plans and only works with carriers in the US and Canada.
• Sign up for FREE to see if YouMail works with your carrier.
• To use YouMail, you must forward missed calls to YouMail with carrier-specific forwarding codes.
• If YouMail doesn’t fit your needs, deactivate forwarding BEFORE you delete the app, otherwise your voicemail will NOT be re-routed back to your carrier.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. YouMail runs GPS in the background to enable you to see your location at the time you missed a call. This feature is not enabled unless you grant permission.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Developer's Twitter Username
5 people have recommended this app
Hello, I know that the Youmail app was recently updated to version 3.2.54. Has anyone tested this for VoiceOver accessibility? Judging by past comments, it sounds as though the app should be accessible; however, I just want to confirm this before downloading and getting started with it.
Hi Melissa, You have a podcast on this app? Would you post a link. Could not find it on Applevis. Thanks so much!
There is a nice and accessible app that prevents calls that you do not want. $4.00.
Is this app primarily if your iPhone is a business phone? Will it be beneficial to a personal cell phone user? Thanks.
Hello! We appreciate your feedback; thank you for reporting that bug. We'll make sure to pass it on to our developers. And yes, we try to be as responsive as possible at support.youmail.com (via Live Chat or email) as well as at our support phone line. If you ever have any other feedback about accessibility in particular or the app in general, we'd love to hear it! Thanks again!
Hello there! If you have any questions about our app, you can also Live Chat or email us at support.youmail.com. We'd be more than happy to help you out!
Hello there! YouMail is a free alternative that we'd love for you to try out! If you did and found any bugs with its accessibility, please let us know. We're always looking for feedback and would love to hear from you as to how we can best serve you. Thank you for your consideration!
Thanks for your question!
Our app will definitely be useful to the everyday personal cell phone user. Our free app is geared toward users who just use their phones for everyday use and not necessarily business. In the free version, you get our strong and effective call blocking which stops spam robocallers from ringing your phone and leaving you a message, our Smart Greeting which greets each caller by name, our cloud-based inbox, personalized greetings (so your family can hear 1 greeting, your spouse another, and coworkers another, etc.) auto-reply which sends texts to your callers who leave voicemails, and more.
There are many paid features for business users, so if you'd like to learn more about those, let us know and we'd be happy to answer any questions!
Now blocks robotexts, not just robocalls.
- More customization of robocall blocking
- Improved voice over accessibility actions for message and history lists
- Other bug fixes and improvements throughout
- Please rate us if you like the app and these improvements!
Just wanted to update people on the status of this app. A couple of weeks ago I contacted support because I found I could not swipe in the folders that contain messages, at least not with VoiceOver.
The update from yesturday fixes this, and I can now find the message i want to move or delete, and flick up or down to find the action I want to do.
There is still a bit of a problem when selecting more than one message though. After tapping the edit button, and selecting messages, VoiceOver will not report which messages are selected, and which are not. For example, saying selected on the messages that are highlighted, and reading the other ones as normal. This would help when trying to handle more than one message.
They did a great job on this update, and I hope they keep it up.
Someone asked if this would be useful as an every day user, and I think it is. The robo call blocking is great for a start, and it has really cut down on the number of robo calls I get over the past few months I've started using it. I don't know if its the tones they play before the out of service message starts to play, but I don't get nearly as many spam calls as I used to.
I am also hard of hearing, and sometimes listening to a voice message as more than I can handle at the end of a day. Reading what a message says in braille or listening to it word by word with speech is much, much, much easier than trying to listen to a message over and over again, to gather what it has to say, sometimes playing with the volume buttons all the while.
iOS has the ability to transcribe messages as well, but i find YouMail dues a much better job at this, not using the underlines scattered throughout the message, and putting periods or camas using the gaps in the message's wording makes for a much better reading experience.
Thanks again for a great app, and a great update!
Thank you for sharing our updates! And yes, if you or anybody has any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call at (800) 374-0013. Make sure to rate us in the app stores if you like our updates!
Thank you very much for your review and feedback of our newest update! We're thrilled to hear that our updates improved the app for you and that you think our app is useful for the everyday user. Thank you also for the feedback about selecting more than one message. We'll look into that issue and work to resolve it.
As we've said before, we're always looking to make our app more accessible and identify and resolve any bugs as soon as possible, so your feedback is invaluable to us!
Updated: 9/3/19 4:11 PM (PST)
Hello again! One of our developers took a look at the issue you described (selecting multiple messages) and it seems to work on our end when we tested it. If you'd like, you can call our support team at (800) 374-0013 and we can try to learn more and help you out (we also have Live Chat and email if you'd prefer those methods).
Hi, thank you for being so quick to reply to these comments.
I don't know what happened, but when I started the app today, selecting messages works as expected.
My phone was acting up earlier that day, and I restarted it, and everything works good now.
Our pleasure, Jesus! We're glad to hear that it's working now. If you ever experience any other bugs, feel free to let us know here or at support.youmail.com or on Twitter (@youmailsupport).
• Now blocks robotexts, not just robocalls. More customization of robocall blocking
• Improved voice over accessibility actions for message and history lists
• Other bug fixes and improvements throughout
Hi I just tried setting up an account and the app crashes when I try to put any information into the text fields. Also, I try typing with voiceover on and it doesn't put in what I type, it just makes noises. I had an account several years ago but I changed email addresses since then.
While this was fixed about two years ago now, this bug has cropped up again. All messages just read out VoiceMila from , sender's name/number, and date and time information.
Messages that have not been read/heard yet are no longer marked as such in text/VoiceOver label.
I have tried emailing support, but have yet to get back to it with debug logs and possibly a Video/screenshare.