Description of App
NFB-NEWSLINE® content now comes to the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch!
NFB-NEWSLINE® is an information source designed to keep persons who are unable to read conventional newsprint informed about current events locally, nationally, and around the world.
NFB-NEWSLINE® Mobile features the text of over three hundred newspapers, forty magazines, plus personalized television listings.
In order to use this application, you must be a NFB-NEWSLINE® subscriber with a valid identification and security code. Eligible NFB-NEWSLINE® subscribers are only authorized to install and use this application on five devices.
To learn more, view eligibility requirements for this free service, and complete an online application, please visit http://www.nfbnewsline.org or call (866) 504-7300.
NFB-NEWSLINE®, a service sponsored in part by the National Federation of the Blind.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
15 people have recommended this app
Be sure to not miss out on this new release of the NFB Newsline! New features and has fixed a number of bugs!
Interesting update to now include the AccuWeather Alerts.
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Adds AccuWeather® weather alerts to the home screen of the app, based on a subscriber's registered zip code.
2. Includes a messaging function on the home screen of the app to alert subscribers of NFB-NEWSLINE to new publications and features.
3. Changes the keyboard used in TV Listings from alphanumeric to numeric only.
4. Fixed system bugs and improved IOS 6 compatibility.
What's New in Version 2.1
1. Global search function added, allowing users to search all available publications.
2. Weather alerts are now linked to your device’s GPS.
3. TV Listings streamlined.
4. Favorites streamlined and ADD/DELETE buttons now found on the list of publications.
5. Retail ads now available.
6. Fixed system bugs and improved iOS 9 compatibility.
Just got this app installed on my iPhone. I haven't done much with it yet only due to time constraints, but it seems to be very accessible with VO. I suppose this should come as no surprise. I added 2 publications to my Favorites thus far, and the process was very straightforward. Thank you NFB for this great app! Now I can *really* become a news junky like my neighbor across the hall! Update: It appears the email address mentioned in the app for sending feedback and questions is wrong. I know this because I just tried sending them feedback, but my message bounced back.