Description of App
A modern RSS newsreader for iPhone and iPad, with features to help you find the news you are interested in, and no creepy tracking or advertising:
- Add Home Screen widgets showing articles from your folders, feeds, topics, tags or searches.
- Discover feeds published by your favourite news website or blog using the built-in browser.
- Setup notifications to alert you when new articles appear in your feeds.
- Create rules to automatically like, read, tag, or hide certain articles.
- Filter articles by unread, today only, tag, or media type.
- Add articles to the Reading List for later.
- Use the built-in reading list or external services, supports Pocket, Instapaper, and Safari Reading List.
- Automatically find the most written about topics from your feeds during the last day, week or month.
- Load the full article content for feeds that don't include the full text in the feed.
- Multiple image, audio, and video attachment playback.
- 3 column layout on iPad with new sidebar, redesigned for iPadOS 14.
- Pointer support from iPadOS 13.4 onwards.
- Sync your feeds and topics, plus article reads and likes using iCloud, no additional account or login needed.
- If you have more than one device synced to the same iCloud account you can nominate one of them to be the ‘Primary Device’. The primary device is responsible for downloading new articles from your feeds, other devices will sync via iCloud. This can help preserve battery life on other devices, and improve sync reliability.
- Keep articles indefinitely, even when removed from the feed.
- Organise your feeds into folders using drag and drop.
- Choose custom font, size, spacing, alignment, and theme for reading articles.
- Supports RSS, Atom, and JSON feed formats.
- Updates feeds in the background.
Newsbite is free to use for up to 5 feeds, and has a premium subscription of £0.79 GBP per month to enable notifications, saved topics, and unlimited feeds. Prices may vary from country to country.