Description of App
The classic Roland Sound Canvas sound module is reborn as a software synthesizer for iPhone or iPad.
SOUND Canvas is a software synthesizer that emulates perfectly the highly popular GS format sound source, along with a bulit-in SMF *1 player for playing Standard MIDI Files.
It is based on the Roland GS standard that has been de facto standard sound source, "SOUND Canvas Series" of Roland Desk Top Music (DTM).
It is compatible with the sound for "GS","GM2", and "GM".
It includes Reverb, Chorus, Delay, and 2 Band EQ, plus 64 types of insertion effects *2.
In addition, it plays SMF for "SC-88Pro" and "SC-8820". *3
You can enjoy the old data created by SOUND Canvas series and a variety of GS data on the market from Roland with high quality sound.
*1: SMF:Standard MIDI File with extension ".mid". The SMF to play in the SOUND Canvas is recommended SMF format 0.
*2: This utility canNOT edit the tone nor insertion effect.
*3: Subtle nuance of Tone color, Volume balance, trigger timing of note on may vary depending on the data.
-Two types of graphical user interface: “Sound Canvas skin” for music data creation and “Player skin” for practicing with instruments or karaoke application. *Swipe left or right(up or down for iPhone) with two fingers to switch between the skins.
- High quality MIDI file sounds by its 1,600 tones and 63 factory drum presets.
- Convenient functions:"LOOP" mode to repeat your specifying region, "SONG LIST PLAY" to play sequentially plural songs, and more multifunction.
- MIDI interface (separately sold) connection enables to receive MIDI data from the external devices to play sounds.
- Available with a music application compatible for the Core MIDI.
- Requires iOS : 8.1 or later
- Works on : iPhone5s, iPhone6, iPhone6 Plus, iPad Air or later, iPad mini2 or later, iPod Touch 6 Generation
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
grate software synthesizer!, some features is not accesible with voice over, but most of buttons is labeled, special y in the part view, midi player, and effects menú, the settings button is not labelet but you can find down the dec button.
work with all ios devices, in ios 9.2 in iPhone 5s, got full pollyphony of 64 voices, and low lathency
1 people have recommended this app