Prizmo - Scanning, OCR, and Speech
Description of App
Prizmo is the All-in-One Scanning and OCR solution for iPhone.
Are you interested in going paperless? Do you want to save time when scanning documents on the road? Then, Prizmo is the ideal tool for you!
Prizmo lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, bills, and whiteboards, then share the results across your computers and with other people through the Cloud. Prizmo uses state of the art technologies, it has highly accurate OCR, has speech-operated shooting, and has intelligent document interpretation to achieve these goals. All of this in an elegant and intuitive user experience.
- Perfect app for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4
- Griffin Clarifi Case required to improve photo quality for iPhone 2G or 3G
Specific Processing & Benefits
- Text Documents - Avoid typing the text and ask Prizmo to read it for you
- Business Cards - Extract information (first and last names, company, job title, phone numbers, email, website, address) to create contacts on the phone or share them
- Receipts & Bills - split the bill among people + Export to spreadsheet format
- Whiteboards - Extract and improve meeting boards
- Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, copy/paste from other apps.
- Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, white picker...
- Highly accurate OCR technology in 10 languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish.
- No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent.
- Text-to-Speech available through In-App Purchase: 35 high-quality voices in 10 languages for reading scanned texts.
- Many Export Options: copy the recognized results as a text, send scanned documents and vCards using iPhone’s native mail application, integration with Dropbox, Evernote, CloudApp and MobileMe, text translation (Google Translate)...
- Document Viewer
- Stylish UI, with full support of Retina display
We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts for further developing Prizmo.
Free or Paid
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This iis not an app specifically designed for people with visual impairments. Turn off the grid in the settings menu and the camera's flash must be in the "on" position. This app could use a lot of improvement, but it's the best scan and read app that I've tried.
The app is a bit on the expensive side. You'll need a lot of patience and remember that the app is far from perfect. Also, the page must be oriented correctly for the app to work.