In this podcast, Thomas Domville shows us how to enabled Low Power Mode on your Apple Watch.
Introduced with watchOS 9, Low Power Mode reduces the amount of power that your Apple Watch uses so that you can save battery life.
Low Power Mode turns off these features
- Always On display
- Heart rate notifications for irregular rhythm, high heart rate and low heart rate
- Background heart rate measurements
- Background blood oxygen measurements
- Start workout reminder
Low Power Mode turns off these features when your iPhone isn’t nearby
- Wi-Fi and mobile data connections
- Incoming phone calls and notifications
Low Power Mode affects these features
- Making a phone call can take longer
- Background app refresh happens less frequently
- Complications update less frequently
- Siri can take longer to process a request
- Some animations and scrolling may appear less smooth
Workouts in Low Power Mode
When you use the Workout app in Low Power Mode, metrics such as heart rate and pace are still measured. You can have Low Power Mode turn on automatically when you begin a workout:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down, then double tap Workout.
- Turn on Low Power Mode.
Thank you so much for all you do Tom