Making Daily Tasks Easier with IFTTT
In this podcast, Thomas Domville gives us a walk-through and demonstration of the IFTTT iOS app.
IFTTT enables you to connect all your "services, apps and devices" together so that routine and complex tasks are performed automatically.
Over 600 apps work with IFTTT including Twitter, Telegram, Google Drive, Twitch, Weather Underground, Instagram, Gmail, and devices like Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Nest, Philips Hue, and your iPhone. The IFTTT app also integrates with the Health app, so you can easily track and maintain your habits.
The following are just some sample use cases:
- Control everything around you with your voice and Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Stay informed about what’s happening from publications like The New York Times and ProPublica
- Always stay prepared for the weather with custom daily forecast notifications
- Message roommates when you’re near the local grocery
- Get an alert as soon as there’s a new Craigslist listing that matches you search
- Stay safe with automated and intelligent home security alerts
- Streamline your social media
- Back up and share your iOS photos automatically
- Back up important files, photos, and contacts to cloud-storage solutions, such as Dropbox or Google Drive
- Set your home thermostat to an optimal temperature when you arrive home
- Post all your Instagrams as Twitter photos or Pinterest pins
- Trigger events based on your current location