In this podcast, Thomas Domville introduces us to Zuzanka, a recently released iOS app that scans for expiry dates on products.
Description from the App Store:
Having trouble finding the expiration date on the packaging? Can't see the small font that the date is written in? Do you want to check if the product in your fridge is still edible? The Zuzanka app is for you!
- Easily find the expiration date on the packaging. The guiding sounds generated by your device will help you with this. If the scanned date indicates that the product is expired, the application will additionally inform you about it.
- Wondering where to look for expiration dates? Check out the special section where we share our experience gained by taking several thousand photos of expiration dates.
- Do you have doubts whether the app recognized the date correctly? No problem. Share a photo with a friend. You can also zoom and rotate the scanned expiration date photo.
- Share the recognized date with e.g. to the Notes or Calendar app.
- Turn on the contrast mode and read the expiration date in a synthetic voice. You can also zoom in on the recognized date to make it easier to see. All buttons and fonts meet contrast requirements. You can customize them to your needs.
- The application is fully compatible with VoiceOver.
- Use haptic feedback to know when the scanner has started or detected a date without having to listen to sounds.
Zuzanka offers a 24 hour trial during which you can perform unlimited scans. After this trial period, you are able to perform one scan daily for free, with various in-app purchase options available to unlock unlimited scans.