In this podcast, Thomas Domville explores some of the new features and options for widgets in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. These include:
- Place widgets anywhere on the Home Screen for information at a glance.
- Widgets now come in small, medium, and large sizes so you can pick the information density that’s right for you.
- You can create stacks of up to 10 widgets to make the most of the space on your Home Screen. Drag one widget on top of another and swipe through them.
- A Smart Stack consisting of a set of widgets you can swipe through that uses on-device intelligence to surface the right widget at the right time based on factors like time, location, and activity. For example, you might see the Apple News widget in the morning, Calendar events during the day, and commute time from Apple Maps in the evening.
- A Siri Suggestions widget that uses on-device intelligence to show actions you might take based on your usage patterns, such as ordering a coffee or starting a podcast. Tap the suggestion to perform the action without launching the app.