In this podcast, Thomas Domville gives us a full walk-through of Envision AI, a free iOS app that allows you to use your iPhone's camera to scan and recognize short text, documents, your surroundings, objects, people, products, and colours.
Key features of Envision AI include:
- Instantly read any piece of text in over 60 different languages.
- Easily scan your paper documents (single or multiple pages) with the help of audio-guided edge detection. All content is spoken back to you and is ready for export and edit.
- Import PDFs and images to get a description of the image and recognition of all the text within it.
- Quickly read handwritten postcards, letters, lists and other paperwork.
- Effortlessly describe visual scenes around you.
- Detect colour on your clothes, walls, books, you name it.
- Swiftly scan barcodes to get extensive information about the products.
- Find people around you; the names of your family and friends are spoken out whenever they are in the frame.
- Find objects around you; selecting common objects from the in-app list to find them.
- Share images or documents from your phone or other apps like Twitter or WhatsApp by selecting Envision from the share sheet. Envision can then read and describe those images for you.