Creating an account on the AppleVis website is quick and easy.
To start, click on the 'Register' link that appears at the top of every page on the site. Alternatively, you can click here
On the registration page you need to enter the following information:
- Username: enter something memorable, as you will need this to login to the site. Along with alphanumeric characters you can use spaces, periods, hyphens and underscores.
- E-mail Address: enter a valid email address.
- Display Name: this is the name that will be shown beside any content that you post to the site. It can be the same as your username if you wish.
- Location: this field is optional. If desired, you can use this field to give other users an indication of where in the world you are. This information will only be shown on your profile page.
- Web site: this field is optional. You can use this field to show a link to your own web site on your profile page.
- Newsletters: optionally select any AppleVis newsletters that you wish to subscribe to. You can manage your subscriptions from your account page once you have registered.
- CAPTCHA: this field is used to prove that you are a real person and not a spam bot. Simply enter the answer to the question.
Now click on the button labelled 'Create new account'.
And email will be automatically sent to the email address that you provided. This will confirm your registration and include a link that you will need to login to the AppleVis website and create a password.
You should receive this email within a few minutes of registering. If it does not arrive, please first check your spam folders in case it has been placed there. If it is not, please use the Contact page on this site to let us know.