How to Get Push Gmail Notification on your iOS Device
This guide is outdated and may not provide accurate information for current use cases. It is being retained as a recognition of the author's contribution, but it should be regarded as archived.
By Mike Fulton, 11 July, 2013
How to Get Push Gmail Notifications on your iOS device
1. go to www.outlook.com and create an account. Create an outlook.com email address, do not use your gmail address.
2. sign into your gmail account and go to settings
3. go to forwarding and add your outlook.com email address. Choose to archive gmail's copy of the message.
4. sign into your outlook.com account
5. go to options, then more mail options
6. add your gmail account as a send account
7. select your gmail account as the default address for new messages and replies
8. open Microsoft Outlook and add both your gmail and outlook.com addresses
9. Expand your gmail account
10. highlight each folder that contains emails you want to save, hit the applications key, and choose copy to
11. find your outlook account and hit enter
12. on your iOS device, go to settings, mail, and add the outlook account
13. delete your gmail account from your iOS device
14. delete your gmail account in outlook 2010
I find it is easiest to check your email from outlook 2010, rather than using the outlook site. Now when people send you an email, it will automatically be forwarded to your outlook.com address, and replies and new messages will appear to send from your gmail address.
The article on this page has generously been submitted by a member of the AppleVis community. As AppleVis is a community-powered website, we make no guarantee, either express or implied, of the accuracy or completeness of the information.