I'm sure a lot of people post questions like this all the time, but I'm honestly curious to know what everyones' opinions are.
I'm going back to college in January; I'm majoring in Information Technology. I've been doing a lot of heavy, intense research, and I'm planning on getting a MacBook. My dad took me to Best Buy today and let me play with them and get a physical feel for the differences in both models. I know for a fact that I want a 13-inch model, though I'm honestly stumped as to which is best: the Air or the Pro. Here is some information on my intentions and likes/dislikes to give you all a better idea:
1. I want to major in IT; as such, I want to install Windows on it as well to keep my knowledge on the MS OS up-to-date, especially in terms of Windows screen readers.
2. Because I already own an iPhone and might purchase an Apple TV, I am looking to purchase all of my movies digitally (that is, via iTunes or similar fashions). I also have quite a music library, and am thinking of a hard drive that is at least 512GB, so that I have the wiggle room.
3. I am totally blind, so the visuals won't matter a heck of a lot.
4. I will most likely be on campus a lot, so I want a laptop that I can slip in my backpack and not cause too much strain on my back. The Air is an attractive option because its battery lasts for 12 hours, but the Pro doesn't seem to be very far behind.
5. If I can, I really want to get the best possible configurations, with the intention of making this laptop last me a few years, at least until I finish my degree.
I really hope this helped you guys get to know my needs a bit better. I suppose the bottom line is, as visually impaired Mac users, are there options you all recommend or tips to keep in mind when it comes to customization?
Thanks in advance! <3