IntroductionHi there guys. Hadi here from Tehran. I've recently bought an Apple Watch to pare it with my iPhone 6S. This was not an easy choice as both mentioned products were expensive for me so I had to make a hard choice. Before buying the phone and the watch, I had lots of questions racing through my mind. Is it worth the price? Will i be able to do something productive with this? Will it do any significant change to my life if I spend this much money for this technology? Or i'm off better buying just another pickup for my electric guitar. Why lots of people keep criticising this device on the internet? Is it just general apple hatred or not? So i had all of these questions in my mind and I had to make a choice; So i did. Write now that I'm typing this post, The 42mm sport watch is lightly resting on my wrist, bleeping and tapping my wrist every often while It receives headlines from my favourite feeds and websites. So, I made the choice to buy it; but was it worth it? Let's find it out. I'm going to mention the stuff that I'm doing with the watch; The things that i wished the watch was able to do and finally, the things that I deeply dislike about it.
Things that i do with the watch and I like.
Alerts, alerts and alerts!The main reason that pulled me toward the watch. I am really feeling very great now that I'm able to quickly be alerted on my wrist. why? here's why.
- At home, Most of the time I'm wearing the watch. I don't need to walk toward my work desk, grab the phone and check my notifications. I also dislike of carrying the phone with me around the home because I will at some point put it somewhere that I will forget. I rather like to raise my wrist a little, tap the watch and hear my notifications. Let me tell you that I'm a metalhead and most of the time music is playing loud out of my speakers in the living room. So while I'm not in my own room I cannot hear my phone's notification sounds sometimes. If i hear it even, I'm not comfortable to run toward my room just to check a notification which may or not be important.
- While I'm out of the home, I'm finally free of this motion of pulling the phone out of my front pocket of my pants, raising it to my ear and read a notification. You see that I'm a lazy guy. I sometimes also am afraid of people bumping to me (Or me bumping into them!!!) that'd make my phone fly out of my hands to oblivion (Well, Asphalt and concrete to be exact). I'm also not a headphone guy when it comes to phones. I only use headphones when I'm listening to music or while I'm at my work desk working with my computer
- website feeds and post headlines
- music releases, Interview releases for artists and gear release info!
- weather alert for even light rain, and temperature changes
- social apps, Twitter for example. Also Zello! Can't wait till you could communicate with voice on Zello with Apple watch
- reminders. Oh boy, I don't know how expensive is the time. Maybe the Apple watch can teach me to do my tasks at their right time and also teach me how worth is the time?
- SMS text messages. Well, I have 90 unread messages on my phone at the moment guys. I just sometimes don't care to check them or delete them even! most of them are advertisement anyway