I'm visually impared and thanks to the excellent DJay 2 software being completely accessible using VO (Voice Over) I'm once again pursuing my dream of becoming a DJ.
I've encountered a problem though.
I rely on VO to access my playlist of songs that I wish to play through my Pioneer WEGO3 controller. The problem comes in when pre-cuing. I of course don't want the VO messages being heard through the Master audio out, only through my headphones. What is the best setup for achieving this without having VO effecting the volume of the Master audio out?
I tried the following setup which works somewhat:
1. Connected my iPad to the WEGO3 controller.
2. Open the DJay 2 settings.
3. Open “Audio Device Setup.”
4. Set the main output to "Channel 3&4."
5. Set the pre cue output to "Channel 1&2."
6. Connected my headphones to the Master output of the WEGO3 (RCA connections in the back of unit.)
7. Connected my speakers to the 3.5mm headphone output of the WEGO3 (Connection on leftside of unit.)
Since all iOS system messages are sent through channel 1&2 this allowed me to hear VoiceOver messages through my headphones along with pre-cuing.
There is only one huge problem. Everytime VoiceOver is telling me something, all other channels are limited, so even the Master audio output will be limited (Volume drops 50 - 70%.) Returns to normal volume after VO stops speaking.
Does anyone here know of a work around? Any visually impared users of DJay 2 and the Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller using pre-cuing successfully with VO?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.