My gf's iPod touch won't connect to the iTunes store
Okay so i just had the exact same problem, and fixed it (for me). This may or may not work for you.
1. I plugged my iPod into my PC and updated iTunes.
2. I went to Settings> General> Date and Time> Set Automatically.
3. As that was loading, i went to my home screen. Called up the multitasking, then closed everything.
4.Then i turned my iPod off, then back on.
5. Then i entered my password, which brought me to the home screen.
6. I opened up the App store, it told me that iTunes has done some new updates on the Terms and Agreements and that i had to look over them.
7. I scrolled a few pages, then hit "agree"
8. I went to the home screen, opened up multitasking then closed the App store
9. I reopened the App store, and it told me to relog in.
10. I relogged in, then i got to download what i wanted, as well as updating what i wanted.