I don't know quite where to put this, but if I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
Anyways, I have been wondering about jailbreaking. Actually, I'm wondering a few things.
1. how legal is jailbreaking?
2. How do I do it without my phone turning into a brick?
3. is it difficult to do? do you have to have mad tech skills to do it, or can someone with decent enough tech knowledge manage?
4. Finally, what are the best apps for doing the jailbreaking itself, and where do you get the apps for jailbroken devices that are not available on the app store.
I know there are several advantages to jailbreaking, and to be honest, being able to customize my phone more than I am now does have a certain appeal. I've been curious about it, and I wanted to make sure I got all the information that I could get my hands on before I made any decisions. Thanks for the help. Take care,
* What is jailbreaking?
* Jailbreaking is the process of gaining root access to the iOS Firmware, allowing users to 'break out' of the restrictions placed by Apple. Compared to Rooting, Jailbreaking is the process of breaking out of Apple's Walled Garden Operating System and into the world of infinite possibilities. Once Jailbroken, the user can download tweaks from repositories to tweak and customize their device.
* What different types of jailbreaks are there? There are four different types of jailbreaking, all of which result in the same goal.
1. Tethered - Once jailbroken, the device cannot boot again without a computer. Every time the user needs to reboot, the user needs to tether/plug their device into their computer and run a program to boot their phone.
2. Untethered - Once jailbroken, the device can reboot freely, untethered to any computer. Every time the device rebooted, it will be in a jailbroken state.
3. Semi-Tethered - Once jailbroken, the device can boot into a normal state without a computer. The user must tether their device to their computer and run a program to re-jailbreak.
4. Semi-Untethered - Once jailbroken, the device can boot into a normal state without a computer. The user must run an application on their device to re-jailbreak.
It is also important to note that iOS jailbreaking is exempt and legal under DMCA. Any installed jailbreak software can be uninstalled by re-jailbreaking with the restore rootfs option to take Apple's service for an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that was previously jailbroken.
You don't have to have any technical knowledge, you don't have to be tech savvy you can jailbreak easily, to know more I can add you to my jailbreak community WhatsApp group where we discussed regarding this specifically, obviously I have been jailbreaking since the iPhone 4s days
Is there any advantages for a voiceover user? I mean, it might be fun to do it but what's the point?
just curious.. why do people jailbreak their devices? :)
I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while, someone with some experience would be a great help
Thanks a bunch for all the information first of all. That definitely helps. Now I have a couple more questions. First of all in your opinion, what do you think is the best way to jailbreak that won't harm your device. I like to possibly do it without being tethered, but I just wanna make sure that that is a safe enough method. Also, what is the place where I get apps for jailbroken devices. Also, how accessible are the apps for doing the jailbreaking itself. Thanks again. Take care,