How do I Get a Refund for an Inaccessible App?

How you get a refund on an app you purchased with an iTunes card that is not accessible?


#1 Call Apple Accessibility if in the U.S.

Member of the AppleVis Editorial Team

Hi there,

If you're in the U.S., probably the easiest option, if you are able to, is to call Apple Accessibility at 877-204-3930. I'm sure there are other ways to get a refund, but this seems like the easiest route.

#3 A little more detail on getting a refund

Hi, yes, the Apple "report a problem" webpage is an easy way to get a refund for an app that you're not satisfied with. If you need a little more detail, this webpage may help.
I've not tested the instructions recently, but they probably still work OK.

#4 You will need to call

You will need to speak to someone at the Apple accessibility line and also tell them how long you've had the app. Unless the purchase has been the most recent purchase. Also tell them you used a gift card to make the purchase.

#5 iMore: How to get a refund for iTunes or App Store purchases

I googled this and here's what came up: Note that I have not tried it, and don't know if you'd get your refund if you stated accessibility as a reason, but I would be very surprised if they refused it. I used to write to the iTunes store by e-mail for inaccessible apps, and that was always fine.