My name is Mirko Venturi, I am the product manager in TiconBlu for the Audio Games, which have become a cornerstone of TiconBlu’s activity.
Some of you could know us already if you played Inquisitor Audio Game Adventure, the first chapter in the Audio Game saga of Eymerich Inquisitor.
The reason I am writing to you is because of a number of good news we have.
1) The Italian versions of the Inquisitor Audio Game Adventure 2 “The Village” and of the Inquisitor Audio Game Adventure 3 “Sisters in the dream” has been released already and available for purchasing. We will complete the dubbing for the English version by the end of May ’14 – it is going to be huge.
2) We have launched our new portal for Audio Games, www.audiogame.it, with Italian and English versions available. We will promote all our Audio Games there. In addition to the 3 titles from the Inquisitor saga, there will be 3 more very soon: “Inquisitor’s Heartbeat” (despite its title reminds the others, it’s completely different), “She Noire” (casual adventure, detective story, hidden-object) and “AudioSpeed” (starship racing with tracks all over the galaxy).
Our plan is to have them all out available in English before the end of this summer.
The best way for you to stay up to date is to check our Audio Games portal out: we will add the podcasts of the teaser trailers, of the games descriptions, and how you will play with them. You are also going to be able to subscribe to our newsletter to be advised by email.
3) We are going to start a new project soon, a car racing audio game, it’s going to be super. I cannot tell you much about it by now, as there is still a lot to be decided.
Developing the first Audio Game has been a very tough experience for us. It took an enormous amount of work, it required us to come up with a type of video game which is pretty much unprecedented, and a lot of money (dubbing is VERY expensive).
But at the same time it has been great. Even considering it wasn’t certainly perfect, you people liked our debut title very much, we received fantastic feedback and really felt a lot of enthusiasm about it.
We hope you will continue to support us as you have been doing so far, and even more:
- Buying our products! Remember we are a private company, not subsidized at all, it’s completely up to us to fund what we want to develop: our primary target then is to reach the break-even point (i.e. sell enough to at least cover expenses).
- Spread the word about them! The more people get to know us, the better.
We are firmly willing to continue producing video games that not only are accessible to blind and visually impaired people, but are also TRUE video games, just like the mainstream games we develop for the International market.
We count on you, please stay with us in the pursue of this revolutionary path. And feel free to contact me for any questions you might have!
Thanks for your attention,
Product manager, Audio Games
TiconBlu S.r.l., Italy