I am considering replacing my MacBook Pro HD with an SD.
1. Can I replace it my self as a blind person who can not see instructive markings or labels?
2. Will I notice any improvement in performance, power consumption and consequently better bootcamp support?
3. Can anyone recommend free cloning app?
4. How to replace the HD without voiding the warranty?
5. Finally, can anyone recommend certain brand available on Amazon for example?
By Maldalain, 30 March, 2015
macOS and Mac Apps
If your mac is 2013 or newer, you cannot replace the hard drive as far as I know.
No, if your mac is like the
No, if your mac is like the comment above says, if your machine is late 2012 or newer, the hard disk is not replaceable by you. If however the machine is a mid 2012 or older machine then yes you can replace the HD. Reason for this si when apple released the late MBP's and etc machines they soldered the HD onto the board along with everything else.