Logic Pro X version 10.5 is out! With many enhancements for VoiceOver users
David Earl here, and I am the Product Manager for Logic Pro X for Apple.
We are releasing version 10.5 of the software today, and it is the biggest change in a very long time.
We are doing our best to be sure that we are addressing accessibility in Logic, and with all of the new features I just wanted to let you know that we have addressed these issues:
• VoiceOver now properly announces the first column in the Loop Browser.
• VoiceOver now announces the state of the Direct Monitoring button in the Mixer.
• VoiceOver no longer announces disclosure triangles in Inspectors as button.
• VoiceOver now positions plug-ins in the correct slots when inserting more than three plug-ins consecutively.
• The Part box in the Score is now accessible with VoiceOver.
• VoiceOver now announces the note position and pitch in linear view in the Score.
• The pop-up menu for creating a Software instrument no longer requires a mouse click interaction with VoiceOver.
• Filter by Type in the Loop Browser now supports VoiceOver.
• Fixes an issue where channel strips sometimes remain unexpectedly selected when navigating the Mixer using VoiceOver.
• VoiceOver now speaks the track name when using the up and down arrows to navigate the track list.
We are also implementing a lot of accessibility features in the new Live Loops area of Logic and there will be many more enhancements coming.
I hope that you enjoy the New Logic, and please also feel free to reach out to me and the team about accessibility related issues.
Take good care!
I have never liked the way ProTools behaved with VoiceOver, although just like the sighted world there are blind people that sware by it.