How can I copy a note from my Mac to iCloud?
I created a note with the Notes app in El Capitan and want it to be visible on my iPhone. Although I can see my iPhone notes on my Mac, I cannot seem to see my new note on my iPhone. Is there a way to copy the note from my Mac to my iCloud note folder?
This is more work than it needs to be, but it will work.
- Select the folder you want to move the note from (make sure View > Show Folders is on).
- Move to the notes table for the selected folder and interact. Find the note you want to move.
- Put the mouse on it with vo-cmd-f5, then lock the mouse down with vo-shift-cmd-space.
- Using VoiceOver commands (as in not tab), get back to the folders table and interact. Focus on the destination folder.
- Put the mouse there with another vo-cmd-f5, then release it with another vo-shift-cmd-space. That's it.
Note that this will move the note, not copy it. copying is as simple as making a new note in the destination, then moving to the original note, selecting all, copying, and pasting into the new one. Perhaps theres a way to use the mouse commands above to copy instead of move, but I don't know it.
I selected all the text in the note on my Mac and copied it to a new note in iCloud. This seemed simpler than the drag-and-drop method you described. I've used that method to add mailboxes to my favorites in mail but it didn't seem worthwhile here.
Thank you for the help and suggestions.