How to autofill cells with Numbers spreadsheet
Does anyone know how to autofill cells using VoiceOver with Numbers?
Visually, I understand there's a small control handle at the bottom of a group of selected cells. A sighted user can mouse down on that control, drag, and release, and the new cells are automatically filled based on the existing contents. I'd like to know how to accomplish that with VoiceOver.
- Move to the cell where your sum will go.
- Insert>Formula>Sum or calculate by hand using SUM(B2:Bx) where B is substituted for the column you're working in.
- Copy the result of the formula.
- Highlight the other cells in the row at the bottom of each column where you want this formula to be active.
That's good to know for formulae, but what if I wanted a column of sequential dates? A sighted person could enter the first two dates in the top cells of the column, then mouse-drag down, and the subsequent dates in the sequence would be generated automatically.
- Enter the first date into the first cell.
- Enter the Formatter pane with VO-J. Select "Cell".
- Interact with the Cell Formatter.
- Change the data type to from Automatic to Date and Time.
- Select None from the Time combo box.
- Return to the table area.
- In the cell below, enter =B2+1 where B2 is the cell you entered the first date.
- Copy the date in the cell which now has a formula in it.
- Highlight cells below and paste.
Very cool, thanks!