I got my Mac a few days ago, it's the new air 2020 with a customized configuration (a better CPU) and I love it so far. Though there are a few things I can't really figure out. It's a lot of questions so I didn't want to open a forum topic for each of them, I hope that's ok. So here it goes:
1. The most annoying problem I have is in safari, I can't go back. I've tried cmd arrow left, cmd left bracket (so the one to the right of the p, I have another keyboard layout that's why I say it), and cmd control 5 / cmd option 5. None of those works. The weird thing is that in the voice over help in the keyboard shortcuts/navigation menu, there's an entry for previous content, but it doesn't say the keyboard shortcut. Does anyone know what to do? I've tried the shortcut while in the web content and also outside of it. Edit: when I press vo and left arrow, it always said beginning of text. I've tried to deactivate quicknav. Also I've figured out that when I'm on the new tap button outside of the web content, it does work.
2. Is there a way to quickly switch between keyboard layouts? I'm a multilingual person and need at least three different keyboard layouts. This question also applies to languages -- is there a way to switch between languages like the language rotor on my phone? Yes, the Mac is supposed to recognize the language automatically, but in messaging apps like messages or messenger this doesn't work. I also figured out how to switch between voices, but I have 4 languages added and my main language, that makes the switching voices slower because I have a lot of them.
3. When I start a task on my phone in safari for example, I'd like to transfer it over to my Mac. So I've heard of handoff and it works the other way around when I want to continue a task I started on my iPhone with my Mac. But how can I take the task from my iPhone over with the Mac? The help says it should be in the dock somewhere, which is not the case for me or maybe I don't know how to access it.
4. When I am in the emoji selection and choose an emoji, it closes. I can't imagine that this is normal since sighted people use a lot of emojis too and opening the selection every time gets kind of annoying. So is there a workaround? I use vo and space to choose an emoji.
5. Using the dictating feature by pressing the fn key two times doesn't work for me, although I can start it from the edit menu. But even if I do that, I get stuck, navigating with vo plus arrows just gives me a ding, vo plus space or escape doesn't work either, I can only close the whole window. Do I do anything wrong?
Ok, I'm done with my novel for now, but I guess there will be more questions popping up with the time. :) Hope someone can help. Have a nice day everyone.