Email on the mac
Hi all. I'm an avid user of the iPhone, have some experience with the iPad but have recently acqcquired a Macbook Pro in the last month or two. It's a 13 inch running the latest OS. I'm taking things slowly but find, with mail in particular, I'm really struggling to get my head around the native mail client. I just can't get a good visual of it in my head and I know I'm not being as efficient with it as I could be and it's really frustrating. I've found some helpful bits on here but it's just not clicking into place for me at all. Is the mac's native mail client the best to use? Would I be better using gmail in some form or other (all of my accounts bar one are gmail) and the other is iCloud). Any help whether that be suggestions on how to set the mail client up in terms of views or or anything else to make using mail more efficient would be grately appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
For the most part I find the Mac mail client very good. The one issue I have is that I keep my inbox filtered by unread. This way when I open the mail client I only see my unread emails in the inbox. This makes it easy to go thru them and delete all of them if need be. The problem comes in when I want to disable the filter so I can see all my emails. I cannot reliably find the enable or disable filter button. Is there and easy way to find this button?
I heard rumors that the next major MacOS release will completely redesign the Mail client. Just like someone rearranging all my living room furniture. Yay!
I also got a 13-inch MacBook Pro about 2 months ago and have found it pretty easy to use. I'm not sure what other accessible mail clients there are for the Mac at this time.
- Navigate to the Mailboxes list.
- When focused on the message you want, route your mouse cursor to the VO cursor. VO+Command+F5.
- Press VO+Command+Shift spacebar to lock the mouse down on that folder.
- Stop interacting.
- VO up to the Favourites bar. Interact.
- When you find the spot you want to drop the mailbox, repeat the previous VO key combination. This will mouse up on the favourites bar.
- Repeat this process for other mailboxes.
- You can now use Command+numbers in your number row to quickly move between mailboxes.